Thread: Need help with making a calendar

Need help with making a calendar

Hello,
    I want to make some kind of a calendar, something where I can put in and organise my tasks for fe. a week.
    I know in VS 2008 there is a calendar already made, but I can't add tasks on a date.

Sorry for my bad explanation, but its kinda hard for me cause I'm dutch...

Thanks
    ~jeroen_JDOG

Needing help with Calendar

Hello,
    I want to make some kind of a calendar, but not the regular one which is preprogrammed in VS 2008. The difference is that I want to be able to add several tasks, so I can start up the program and see what I have to do for tomorrow, or the next week, etc.

Second thing is that I want to know how can I start up only my program, without starting up visual basic too? I need this cause I want to let it automaticly start up when I turn on my computer, to see what I have to do

Thanks,
    ~jeroen_JDOG

Ps. I tried something with placing the preprogrammed things, but I don't know how to program. So if that is needed please post the code too.

Re: Needing help with Calendar

Take a look at the forum's vb.net codebank here. .Paul. has a dropDownCalendar control with features that include: -US and UK holidays -programmable reminders. That can be found here.

As for it to start up only your program w/o visual basic, that would occur when you publish your program. When working with vb.net, you "Debug" what you've compiled so far. When you're debugging, you basically "error handle" so you can remove any bugs or problems. When you are finished(or satisfied) with your end result, you publish the program. Visual Studio has a built in publisher for you, which you can find in: -Menu Strip - Publish - Publish

Edit - As per your P.S. I, nor will many others on the forum, simply post you a code. You will never learn if that was done :P. I would tinker around by making a message box that states "Hello World!"
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

Re: Needing help with Calendar

Thanks,
    I downloaded the dropDown Calendar and putted it in my documents \ VS 2008
    Now how do I open it? :S

Btw, What you say about posting a code: true

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! Joacim Andersson's Avatar

Re: Need help with making a calendar

I merged this thread with the other you started with the exact same question. There is no need to start duplicate threads.

Yes, sorry.
    I made the same thread twice because I didn't see it in the list after posting the first one.
    Sorry.

Now how do I open it?
    A few ways, you could all ways double click the dropDown Calendar in the file you downloaded or in your existing project you can click: Project - Add Existing Item - dropDown Calendar. Or you can right click on my project in the solution explorer and add existing item.
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram