dcsimg

Thread: How to do a simple video steganography by using Vb 2010?

How to do a simple video steganography by using Vb 2010?

How to do a simple video steganography by using Vb 2010?
    Hello, please anyone can suggest that any tutorial or website I can learn how to do video steganography step by step.. For now,I just to know how to embedded message in video. for file Mp4.
    Please help me..huhuhu

Re: How to do a simple video steganography by using Vb 2010?

You can't exactly class steganography as simple considering it has to remain undetectable by complex pieces of software.

Not only that, but I'm unsure as to where this forum stands on such a deception.

Re: How to do a simple video steganography by using Vb 2010?

I had never seen that word until yesterday, and now it has shown up in two posts in two days, so I decided to look it up. Interestingly, it turns out that my back yard is an example of steganophraphy. It is just a tiled patio with an apparently random design. However, if you look at it from the right perspective (north-south), a subtle pattern might be detected, and a geek might realize that they were looking at a highly non-random arrangement of tiles. In fact, it is a message written in ASCII where gray tiles are 0, tan tiles are 1, and every eighth tile is red (the high bit isn't used in standard ASCII).

Of course, I could have gone one step further, since that high bit isn't used, and taken all those high bits together to create a second message coded with the same gray and tan tiles. That would have been two layers of steganography in the same image.

Similarly, if you have any image, you have a HUGE number of bytes, just as my back yard has a whole bunch of bytes written on it. Just as I could have hidden a second message in the high bit of each byte, you can do something similar to any image. However, you can't use the high bit, because that one is too important in image data. Instead, use the low bit. For any image using 32-bit color, the least significant bit in each byte is unimportant to the whole image. The human eye can't tell the difference between 255,255,255,255 and 254,254,254,254 unless the image is made up of two large areas of those two colors adjacent to each other. Since large, adjacent, solid-color, blocks are not normal in images, you can freely tinker with the low bit. If you did that, it would require two pixels to store one byte of data, but in an image of size 1024x1024, that would allow you to store about half a million characters, which isn't so small. Furthermore, an image of that size is quite small these days.

So that's one trivial approach.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing