Thread: trouble

trouble

ok what i was trying to do here is send the info to the label2.text and it just wont i was wondering if i was missing a piece of code or put it somewhere i shouldnt have idk here is the code

Code:
    private void button7_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { }
                string GetProductId()
                {
                    RegistryKey localMachine = null;
                    if (Environment.Is64BitOperatingSystem)
                    {
                        localMachine = RegistryKey.OpenBaseKey(Microsoft.Win32.RegistryHive.LocalMachine, RegistryView.Registry64);
                    }
                    else
                    {

localMachine = RegistryKey.OpenBaseKey(Microsoft.Win32.RegistryHive.LocalMachine, RegistryView.Registry32);
                    }

RegistryKey windowsNTKey = localMachine.OpenSubKey(@"Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion");
                    return windowsNTKey.GetValue("ProductId").ToString() ;
                    label2.Text = GetProductId();

}

Re: trouble

Why are you calling GetProductId inside GetProductId? Regardless, that last line is never actually going to be executed because it comes after the return statement. I'm guessing that that last line should actually be inside the Button's Click event handler. When the Button is clicked you call the method and assign the result to the Text of the Label.

By the way, that's an inspired thread title. You may as well just leave it blank because that's completely useless. The title is supposed to describe the topic of the thread so that we don't have to waste our time opening every single one to see which ones are relevant to us. Please do us the courtesy of providing a meaningful, descriptive thread title.