Thread: Telerik controls - anyone?

PowerPoster

Telerik controls - anyone?

So their controls are a nightmare to use!!!! the documentation is not clear and is very confusing. To do the simplest of things results either not supported or... has knock on effects.

does anyone have experience of using it?

what im trying to do is to intercept client side filtering (or server side) where I can "redefine" the filter on a GridDateTime column where the Picker is DateTime. The column displays both date and time from the server (I want this) but when doing a filter on say Equals, it fails and I know how to fix this as I have managed to do it on the server end

the problem is, I want to use any other filtering that may have happened and either alter or append to it. So for example you may have a filter on "Name" and "Date" - I want to intercept the Date part, "fix it" and let it continue the filtering.

any ideas? Anyone?

MVP 2007-2010 any chance of a regain?
    Professional Software Developer and Infrastructure Engineer.

Re: Telerik controls - anyone?

We use Telerik controls here and I find them fairly easy to use.

Have a look here: Filtering for DateTime Bound Column with DataFormatString Different from mm/dd/yyyy.
    This pattern in common to all great programmers I know: they're not experts in something as much as experts in becoming experts in something.

The best programming advice I ever got was to spend my entire career becoming educable. And I suggest you do the same.

PowerPoster

Re: Telerik controls - anyone?

thanks. ive seen that but thats not applicable to the problem im having. its nothing to do with the format at all but rather the actual query/filtering.

MVP 2007-2010 any chance of a regain?
    Professional Software Developer and Infrastructure Engineer.