Thread: [RESOLVED] insert a text file into a webpage

Addicted Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] insert a text file into a webpage

Good day
    I have over 30 newspaper clips I need to insert into a website. How do I insert this clips into a webpage' I have the following tools, scanner, and a photoshop element to work with. do i save the file as GIf or what format should I use?
    thank you
    al

Re: insert a text file into a webpage

Well, you could save the files as an images and put the images on your website. You should use whatever format produces the smallest file. Another option would be to scann the articles then use OCR software to copy the text from the articles and place the text on the pages of the website. If you know php you could have it so the text is stored in a database and the contents of the text is read from the database then displayed on the site.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Re: insert a text file into a webpage

In the online version of a local newspaper in here, they displays the content as Flash. I think the reason is, it would provide the readers a good quality content even at low speed internet connections.

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...