Thread: [RESOLVED] Is my PC powerful enough?

Fanatic Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] Is my PC powerful enough?

Hi all,

The configuration of my machine is as follows:

1) Manufacturer: Dell
    2) Model: N5050
    3) Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40 GHZ
    4) RAM: 4GB
    5) OS: Windows 7 Basic (64-bit)

With this configuration, is my windows machine powerful enough to afford using Mac OS via vmware? Will it make my machine slow? Everywhere, they use the term "POWERFUL MACHINE", hence want to know is my machine powerful enough or not before going forward.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Fanatic Member

Re: Is my PC powerful enough?

May be its not because of different keyboard layout and some other reasons as well(which i am not aware of). But i saw some You Tube videos on the same, hence thought of asking this in the forums. In those videos, they have not mentioned the minimum machine config

Please inform if someone is aware of the same.

Thanks

Why would anyone want MacOS over Windows ?....unless you want to develop for it.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Which Mac OS are you wanting to install? I have installed both Leopard and Snow Leopard on virtual machines and they both work well. I even triple booted my pc with Windows 7, MAC 0SX Leopard and Linux and it worked.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Fanatic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    Why would anyone want MacOS over Windows ?....unless you want to develop for it.
    Reason for MacOS: Will start learning objective C for developing iPhone applications

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker83 View Post
    Which Mac OS are you wanting to install? I have installed both Leopard and Snow Leopard on virtual machines and they both work well. I even triple booted my pc with Windows 7, MAC 0SX Leopard and Linux and it worked.
    I am planning to install Leopard in my machine. I am worried that it won't corrupt any windows system file while installing using vmware. I have planned to create a seperate drive for Mac OS. Will start the installation very soon, let me hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by HowTo View Post
    1) Manufacturer: Dell
    2) Model: N5050
    3) Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40 GHZ
    4) RAM: 4GB
    5) OS: Windows 7 Basic (64-bit)
    Honestly your system should run the virtual machine just fine, it might slow down a bit, but it won't be bad...though for compiling...I recommend not using a virtual machine unless you really have to...mainly because it will take a decent amount longer.

Being I am not a fan of Apple...I wouldn't put that anywhere near my machine...but you are probably better off trying to get a dual boot for you current computer so you can utilized all the hardware resources.

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoBull View Post
    Mac OS is hardware dependant - anything that bypass that is a hack and therefore isn't legal imho.
    What is the difference between a crack and a hack?

Quote Originally Posted by HowTo View Post
    Reason for MacOS: Will start learning objective C for developing iPhone applications

I am planning to install Leopard in my machine. I am worried that it won't corrupt any windows system file while installing using vmware. I have planned to create a seperate drive for Mac OS. Will start the installation very soon, let me hope for the best
    No, it won't damage the host operating systems files because you use a virtual hard disk to install the new operating system on.
    Last edited by Nightwalker83; Mar 28th, 2012 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Adding more?
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672