View Poll Results: Do you want a new section for Android Development ?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 28.57%
  • No

2 28.57%
  • Not interested

3 42.86%

Thread: [RESOLVED] A new section for Android Development ?

Resolved [RESOLVED] A new section for Android Development ?

Who is with me ?

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...

Re: A new section for Android Development ?

Well, we do have the "Mobile Development" section! All things IPhone, Android, Windows Phone, etc go in there.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker83 View Post
    Well, we do have the "Mobile Development" section! All things IPhone, Android, Windows Phone, etc go in there.
    It's not at all active !

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Quote Originally Posted by akhileshbc View Post
    It's not at all active !
    Yeah, but the same could happen with any section new or old.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.

Addicted Member

I like the idea IF it is specifically dedicated to the development of Androids, Robots, etc, not the fancy portable phone/data devices.

I'm about to be a PowerPoster!

It's not at all active !
    This suggests to me that there wouldn't be a lot of interest in another mobile section then...

Quote Originally Posted by penagate View Post
    This suggests to me that there wouldn't be a lot of interest in another mobile section then...
    But Android and iPhone development are the one shining in everywhere. Windows phone and J2ME development is not much popular, I think. Atleast in my place !

But Android and iPhone development are the one shining in everywhere. Windows phone and J2ME development is not much popular, I think. Atleast in my place !

Your point? As penagate and I have already pointed out the section for mobile development the forum already has if enough for the amount of interest mobile development receives.

If you want an Android forum, then the thing to do is use the current mobile forum. Once that forum shows a lot of discussion on Android, you come back to Feedback and make the case that since Android is an active discussion on its own, it deserves its own forum.

As a side note, this is a primarily Microsoft and Visual Basic based forum. Exactly how many people are using Visual Basic to do Android development.....

Brad!
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (I wrote: C Programming in One Hour a Day) (Dad Jokes Book) (Follow me on Twitter)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by brad jones View Post
    If you want an Android forum, then the thing to do is use the current mobile forum. Once that forum shows a lot of discussion on Android, you come back to Feedback and make the case that since Android is an active discussion on its own, it deserves its own forum.

As a side note, this is a primarily Microsoft and Visual Basic based forum. Exactly how many people are using Visual Basic to do Android development.....

Brad!
    It's okay, no problem.

I would like you (or any mod) to delete this thread. I have already PMed a mod to delete it, but haven't got a response yet.

Thank you.

I would like you (or any mod) to delete this thread. I have already PMed a mod to delete it, but haven't got a response yet.

If you don't mind, I'd actually like to leave it. The poll is interesting and if others read this thread, then they might be more inclined to make Android posts in the mobile forum. I suggest we mark this as resolved and let it putter along.

Personally, I think there is a lot happening with Android and potentially more to happen when you consider things like:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/9c6W4CCU9M4

Re: [RESOLVED] A new section for Android Development ?

I hope to get into Android coding over the next month, so as I do, I'll post some things in there to try to gin up some activity. It would be nice if that section got active again.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by B61Nuke View Post
    I like the idea IF it is specifically dedicated to the development of Androids, Robots, etc, not the fancy portable phone/data devices.
    I am pretty dead certain that there isn't enough activity in this area to justify a forum section, but I'd like to see one, too. The problem is most likely that robotics is kind of where computers were prior to Apple and the IBM PC: There are a few big expensive items that most hobbyists can't afford and certainly can't afford to modify, then there are a few kits that do half-assed things easily and useful things....not at all. Everybody is tinkering around building things in divergent directions for divergent reasons on divergent platforms. Unlike computers, however, there may not be a truly killer app out there. The VisiCalc of robotics may not exist. Everybody can think of tasks they would like to have a robot perform, but all of them requires some fairly large hardware. While producing a unit of software costs almost nothing, it required a piece of hardware that cost a fair amount. Producing a unit of hardware capable of washing the dishes costs a HUGE amount, and that isn't likely to change. It would also have moving parts, which means that it will break down more readily than a computer.

I just don't think we are ready for such a section, and then I got off on a ramble....

Discovering Life Siddharth Rout's Avatar

The only mobile coding I was interested in was with VB.Net and Blackberry and unfortunately I was highly disappointed!!!
    A good exercise for the Heart is to bend down and help another up...
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved

MyGear:
    ★ CPU ★ Ryzen 5 5800X
    ★ GPU ★ NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 TI Founder Edition
    ★ RAM ★ G. Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB 3600MHz
    ★ MB ★ ASUS TUF GAMING X570 (WI-FI) ATX Gaming
    ★ Storage ★ SSD SB-ROCKET-1TB + SEAGATE 2TB Barracuda IHD
    ★ Cooling ★ NOCTUA NH-D15 CHROMAX BLACK 140mm + 10 of Noctua NF-F12 PWM
    ★ PSU ★ ANTEC HCG-1000-EXTREME 1000 Watt 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular PSU
    ★ Case ★ LIAN LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC XL ROG (BLACK) (G99.O11DXL-X)
    ★ Monitor ★ LG Ultragear 27" 240Hz Gaming Monitor
    ★ Keyboard ★ TVS Electronics Gold Keyboard
    ★ Mouse ★ Logitech G502 Hero

Addicted Member

I realize we are not going to be building the android "Data" anytime soon but we can experiment with code interfacing with various types of hardware like stepper motors which would provide movement, Digital synthesizer chips which can provide voice, ATMEGA chips which can provide memory and low level brain function routines, etc like PIC controllers. I know they are used in many jobs today but they can easily be used in robotics. The procedures involved with interfacing the software to the hardware is complex and just writing new software functions is a challenge. Doesn't that sound interesting? I'd much rather see this in a forum here.

Sure it sounds interesting, but I have some real doubts as to whether there would be much activity in such a forum. For one thing, the subject is all over the place. If you are working with MS Robotics Studio, you might be somewhat general, but if you are targeting the RoboticsConnection system (with their own .NET library for doing the hardware interactions), you probably aren't going to be interested in posts about somebody working with OOPic or parallax, though all use Pic controllers.