• The book.

2 28.57%
  • The movie.

0 0%
  • Neither

1 14.29%
  • Don't know.

4 57.14%

Thread: The Hunger Games - Book Vs. Movie - Which Is Better?

Hybrid View

Addicted Member

The Hunger Games - Book Vs. Movie - Which Is Better?

Which is better, the book or the movie?
    Do not read this sentence.
    You read that last one, didn't you?
    Darn. You now read the previous two.

Check out my pins on Pinterest!

Re: The Hunger Games - Book Vs. Movie - Which Is Better?

Frankly, I hadn't heard of either until about a week ago. Now I hear about it all the time.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    Frankly, I hadn't heard of either until about a week ago. Now I hear about it all the time.
    Same here.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Hyperactive Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker83 View Post
    Same here.
    +!

It's like Twilight all over again
    http://www.scaryminds.com - Horror's last colonial outpost.

For me as well. Funnily enough I haven't even dedicated the 2 minutes it would take to find out what the hype is about through google....They made a big deal about Twilight as well and what utter **** that movie was, chances are HG is just a new fad like that.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    For me as well. Funnily enough I haven't even dedicated the 2 minutes it would take to find out what the hype is about through google....They made a big deal about Twilight as well and what utter **** that movie was, chances are HG is just a new fad like that.
    I recently watched it and I take this back. HG is nowhere near the atrocious pile of dog **** that Twilight was. It was actually pretty good.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

PowerPoster

I heard it was a sort of sleazy teen-oriented ripoff of The Running Man, an old Ahhnold flick.

I stoped listening there because my friend went off on a rant about "(expletive) peter-pan 20-somethings" and the world "going to hell in an iPhone."

The Running Man was a sleazy, half-assed, take on a Steven King short story (written under a pseudonym).

Hyperactive Member

The Running Man was a sleazy, half-assed, take on a Steven King short story (written under a pseudonym).
    Richard Bachman(?), arguably a novella.

I thought the general concept was that HG ripped off the Japanese movie Battle Royal - might have the name slightly wrong there.

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiDexter View Post
    Richard Bachman(?), arguably a novella.

I thought the general concept was that HG ripped off the Japanese movie Battle Royal - might have the name slightly wrong there.
    It was actually released as a novel in its own right. Far, far better than the film.

Incidentally, the first time I came across a mention of The Hunger Games was in a review that Stephen King wrote of the book. He thought it was superb and gave it a strong recommendation, so it doesn't seem as though he's too concerned about any similarities. He also referred to the similarities between THG and Koushun Takami's novel Battle Royale, but seemed to feel that they were superficial.

Anyway, I thought the film was really good, and my daughter is currently storming through the second novel, having read the first in only a couple of sittings.
    Indecisiveness is the key to flexibility.

www.mangojacks.com

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleDuncan View Post
    It was actually released as a novel in its own right. Far, far better than the film.
    Is there any book/film combo for which this is NOT true?

First Blood. As shonky as the Stallone film is, David Morrell's book is worse.
    Indecisiveness is the key to flexibility.

www.mangojacks.com

Hyperactive Member

Can I throw Twilight into the ring, at least the movie was over in a couple of hours as opposed to the monumentally badly written novel.

dangit... once again, there is another poll missing options.... I want my "Who Cares?" option... As president of Apathetics Anonymous, I demand that there be a.... oh, who cares... what ever.

-tg

BTW: the next meeting for AA is.... oh forget it.
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    dangit... once again, there is another poll missing options.... I want my "Who Cares?" option... As president of Apathetics Anonymous, I demand that there be a.... oh, who cares... what ever.

-tg

BTW: the next meeting for AA is.... oh forget it.
    So you don't care about anything at all. You never show any emotion.
    Do not read this sentence.
    You read that last one, didn't you?
    Darn. You now read the previous two.

Check out my pins on Pinterest!

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! Hack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    dangit... once again, there is another poll missing options.... I want my "Who Cares?" option
    Like with so many other topics posted in Chit Chat, my need would be a "What The Heck Are You Talking About?" option.

That should be included as an option in all chit chat polls.

I had to google "Hunger Games" just find out what you all are talking about.

I'd vote, but "Who Cares?" and/or "What The Heck Are You Talking About?" aren't options.

only for those where the film came first and then someone wrote the book...

Traditionally the better one tends to be the one that came first.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

And has been for five years now? Or did he start when he was 8? It does seem likely, though....