Thread: Testers Wanted for Music Application!!!

Testers Wanted for Music Application!!!

This is my first application in VB. I have studied up on some coding and this is the product of some after-school work. I would just like some feedback or to see if anybody was interested in this.

It allows a user to search for an mp3 file and download it. I added what I could and would like to know if anybody had any suggestions. Thanks!

Message me if you need instructions or any other questions.

<LINK REMOVED>

Steps:

1: Search for a song in this text box. ex: "Glad You Came" (no extension)
    2: Press to search.
    3: If you get the green blinking "Found Song" label above the search box, then click any one of the 5 buttons (labeled 3 in the picture.)
    4: Your song title should automatically be added.
    5: Press the button (labeled 4 in the picture) to choose where to save the song on your computer.
    6: Click the download button next to your song name (labeled 5.)
    Last edited by Siddharth Rout; Jul 20th, 2012 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Link to attachment removed

Re: Testers Wanted for Music Application!!!

I would be happy to test it as long as the exe doesn't contain any malware or viruses.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Thanks for replying so fast.

I totally forgot about that. I would never put anything like that into my programs. I'll upload the source code so you can take a look at it if you need to. I don't think you can run the file I uploaded because it is just the source code for the main form and not the design part of it. The setup files in my first post are exactly where I took this attachment from.

Note: The mail function will not work in this attachment because i took out the credentials that I used for it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Cool it works! Although, I am confused as to what the first file load does, the one next to the magnifying glass? It didn't do anything when I selected it while a song was playing when I selected it when no song was playing I received this message: "Critical error finding song. Please try again". What does that do?
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.

Alright. The file button next to the magnifying glass chooses the location to save the mp3 file. The "critical error" only occurs when the search for a song returns nothing ex. a blank search bar.

The picture describes how I meant the program to be used.
    1. Click to search for a song.
    2. Choose location to save song. Only needs to be done once when the app is open.
    3. If you get the "Song Found" message above the search bar, these buttons move the download link to whatever of the five boxes you clicked.
    4. Downloads the song if the green check mark box is showing on the left.
    The plus button that shows after the download is done adds the song to the media play in the bottom left.

The second file button in the lower left opens a song to play in the media player.

I hope this helps a little. Thanks for trying it out! I really appreciate it. Just let me know if you have any other questions.

Ak ok, thanks! Well, the songs play correct in the media player part anyway.

Great. Did the rest of the button work right? Did all the progress bars and downloads match for you? Were there any things that you searched that returned an error?

If I typew a song name plus extension in to the "Song Name" textboxes then press the download button (indicated by the "4" in the above picture) I receive an "failed Invalid URI: The URI is empty". If I try to search for a song it says then ifs a critical error when I click on the magnifying glass to begin the search.

I'm sorry. That's my bad for not providing instructions correctly. Hope this helps!

Steps:

1: Search for a song in this text box. ex: "Glad You Came" (no extension)
    2: Press to search.
    3: If you get the green blinking "Found Song" label above the search box, then click any one of the 5 buttons (labeled 3 in the picture.)
    4: Your song title should automatically be added.
    5: Press the button (labeled 4 in the picture) to choose where to save the song on your computer.
    6: Click the download button next to your song name (labeled 5.)

It worked! Although, the file I tested the program with "2pac - Until The End Of Time" which, is 3.32 MB according to my pc when saved is only 109KB, after I test your program following the guide above.
    Last edited by Nightwalker83; Mar 21st, 2012 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Fixing grammar!

Discovering Life Siddharth Rout's Avatar

TeenDev2012: I have removed the link to your attachment as it contained an Exe. If you want us to test something for you (which we will gladly do ), please zip and attach the source code only.

Thank you for your co-operation
    A good exercise for the Heart is to bend down and help another up...
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved

MyGear:
    ★ CPU ★ Ryzen 5 5800X
    ★ GPU ★ NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 TI Founder Edition
    ★ RAM ★ G. Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB 3600MHz
    ★ MB ★ ASUS TUF GAMING X570 (WI-FI) ATX Gaming
    ★ Storage ★ SSD SB-ROCKET-1TB + SEAGATE 2TB Barracuda IHD
    ★ Cooling ★ NOCTUA NH-D15 CHROMAX BLACK 140mm + 10 of Noctua NF-F12 PWM
    ★ PSU ★ ANTEC HCG-1000-EXTREME 1000 Watt 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular PSU
    ★ Case ★ LIAN LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC XL ROG (BLACK) (G99.O11DXL-X)
    ★ Monitor ★ LG Ultragear 27" 240Hz Gaming Monitor
    ★ Keyboard ★ TVS Electronics Gold Keyboard
    ★ Mouse ★ Logitech G502 Hero