dcsimg

Thread: ListBox Scrolling Question

ListBox Scrolling Question

Hey! I am using Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition and I am trying to set a listbox so it starts to scroll when it hits the middle point of what is viewable on my list. I also want to set it so the list is always visable so you when you reach the bottom of the list you can scroll down to the bottom but if you scroll back up once it reaches that middle point it will start to scroll up again. I hope this is well enough explained and I hope someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks for your time!

Re: ListBox Scrolling Question

seems as if you want an asutoscroll done via a Timer that could be paused when user click it, but will restart after a bit on its own. So you could use a couple of timers.
    about how to scroll via code, have a look at
    SelectedIndex
    and
    TopIndex
    property of listbox
    Special thanks to some wonderful people,
    such as Lothar the Great Haensler, Aaron Young,
    dr_Michael, Chris Eastwood, TheOnlyOne ClearCode....

Re: ListBox Scrolling Question

I like the idea but it didn't really give the desired effect I am probally not explaining it well enough. Think of my list as a slot machine wheel but controlled by the users

a <--
    b
    c
    d
    e

When the list as the top you can move down

a
    b
    c<-
    d
    e

Once you move down to this point and then press the down arrow again your list would like like this and you would be selecting this

b
    c
    d<-
    e
    f

If the bottom was f you could move the cursor down to f but once you move back up to the mid way point it would start to scroll up. I hope this explains