Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] !! About the new type of Single Language MSDN that I am making for Microsoft !!

Re: !! About the new type of Single Language MSDN that I am making for Microsoft !!

So sorry about not knowing what it means. But then was looking on the Internet, for it. But then it just came up with other stuff, like Hotels in foregin countries, etc...
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

Hyperactive Member

Re: !! About the new type of Single Language MSDN that I am making for Microsoft !!

I am confused, what are you making? Visual studio 2010 for Windows 98?

And a web browser? And what happens to be your main speaking language?
    Last edited by thebuffalo; May 7th, 2012 at 01:15 PM.

Are you still confused about IPO? TG was just kidding. It actually stands for International Piracy Organization, and is all about hacking code.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by thebuffalo View Post
    I am confused, what are you making? Visual studio 2010 for Windows 98?

And a web browser? And what happens to be your main speaking language?
    Well there are many products that I am making. A programming language, a web browser and an MSDN Library. Also my main speaking/writing language is Australian English, but sometimes it doesn't go well at all. Because I have dislekciea... (I am still unable to spell that, word!!)
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    Are you still confused about IPO? TG was just kidding. It actually stands for International Piracy Organization, and is all about hacking code.
    So then what was what it was. I didn't know that!!

I'm about to be a PowerPoster!

Quote Originally Posted by ThEiMp View Post
    Well there are many products that I am making. A programming language, a web browser and an MSDN Library. Also my main speaking/writing language is Australian English, but sometimes it doesn't go well at all. Because I have dislekciea... (I am still unable to spell that, word!!)
    Fo sheezy.

Not sure what you mean, by that???

Please look further into this Thread, cause there are newer versions of the product that have been written for it to be downloaded...
    Last edited by ThEiMp; May 9th, 2012 at 09:34 AM.

lol u guys are so mean rofl ....the context of tech's statement implies that he meant initial public offering.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Cool!! I have to know more about this, and fast inorder to implement this into my Application!! Where can I find WhitePapers of it on the Internet that are free and also Downloadable also they have to be Print Friendly, in deed!!
    Tell you what, I found many whitepapers on the subject at my stationer's. They were all downloadable and printer friendly, but sadly they aren't free. Now you won't imagine: the shopkeeper insists I pay him a couple of hundred bucks for around 500 of those white papers, and THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE ANYTHING PRINTED ON IT!

What's the world coming to!

I am not a complete idiot. Some parts are still missing.
    Check out the rtf-help tutorial
    General VB Faq Thread
    Change is the only constant thing. I have not changed my signature in a long while and now it has started to stink!
    Get more power for your floppy disks. ; View honeybee's Elite Club:
    Use meaningfull thread titles. And add "[Resolved]" in the thread title when you have got a satisfactory response.
    And if that response was mine, please think about giving me a rep. I like to collect them!

Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    lol u guys are so mean rofl ....the context of tech's statement implies that he meant initial public offering.
    honeybee is the one who brought it up... not me. I meant what I said and I said what I meant.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Ya, I meant to say honeybee....lol
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Guys, please don't mislead ThEiMp. Who said it is not important.

IPO means International Privacy Organization, which is committed to protecting the privacy of all citizens.

General VB Faq Thread
    Change is the only constant thing. I have not changed my signature in a long while and now it has started to stink!
    Use meaningfull thread titles. And add "[Resolved]" in the thread title when you have got a satisfactory response.
    And if that response was mine, please think about giving me a rep. I like to collect them!

Now there are FOUR different, equally misleading, definitions of IPO, which, in programming terms, means Initial Primary Optimization, and deals with code execution optimization, but that's mostly just for the sake of confusion, since VB barely does any optimization and you have virtually no control over it in .NET (and none at all in VB6, if I remember right).

Oh really. Is that what it is, because of the fact that I was misled many times, in deed...

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

I suspect many of us feel like that when pitched a new browser that isn't.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Oh really. Is that what it is, because of the fact that I was misled many times, in deed...
    It ain't over yet!

General VB Faq Thread

Okay in a few days I am going to release the newest version of my WebBrowser, which is named: QuickBrowser. If anyone wants to know???

Hyperactive Member

SO wait, that Visual Studio look-a-like for Windows 98 or XP is a NEW programming language?
    What is this language called, and what makes it different from VB6?
    Why do you think Microsoft is going to use it?
    What is your definition of MSDN?
    You do know that if this was any sort of useful, Microsoft would copyright it and steal it from you, correct? Based on your plans to "give" it to them.

My final question, are you trolling/is this a troll thread?
    Last edited by thebuffalo; May 9th, 2012 at 08:42 AM.

I want them to have it, therefore we can work together with it. Also my programming language is called: Visual Suite, which is the package. However the application that does the programming, is therefore called: QuickDirector. My definition of MSDN, is a help file or library that works with the programming language, in which this was going to be where I released it over the Internet, but then gave that up and then went to work to release many of my other programs and applications on the Internet, using this Thread...

PS: What is trolling Threads, I am not quite sure on what that is, rather more over what is going on in this Thread. I have lost control of it, and then not quite sure on what to do with the situation???

Hyperactive Member

Okay, What is the difference between Visual Suite and the language that it was written in?
    Wouldn't the parent language be better?
    Did you use Visual Suite to create your QuickBrowser? Has it been used to make any programs?

PS: What is trolling Threads, I am not quite sure on what that is, rather more over what is going on in this Thread. I have lost control of it, and then not quite sure on what to do with the situation???
    I suggest you do your own study on what "trolling" is, there is a lot of it in this thread.
    The most common case of trolling is the "your" to "you're" corrections.
    Last edited by thebuffalo; May 9th, 2012 at 09:32 AM.

Well I was thinking about that, because Visual Studio is then written to be a big brute of an application. Visual Suite is then written to be a small very elegant application. I have many things written inside of the IDE, like Graphics with Rastor and Vector drawing. And also things like Audio and Video recording along with the basics of audio manulipulation...

No I didn't use Visual Suite to write my web browser. Also I used Visual Basic to do so. Also I think that you are confusing Visual Suite with Visual Studio. The one that Microsoft wrote is: Visual Studio and then the one that I have been able to write, is: Visual Suite...
    Last edited by ThEiMp; May 9th, 2012 at 07:06 PM.

I still don't understand what Trolling is??? Can you please help me???

!! Thanks in advance !!

Frenzied Member

I doubt Microsoft is interested in anything that is VB6 related. The only reason the VB6 runtime files are still added to the current operating systems, is because many people still develop or maintain VB6 applications. Microsoft started with .NET and stopped supporting VB6, because they want people to move to .NET and stop using VB6. There are even free Express versions of VS2008/VS2010, so people cannot say that money is the reason not to switch.

ThEiMp, I admire your enthusiasm, but VB6 is 14 years old and doesn't have a future. In all fairness, they really won't be interested in your Visual Suite, QuickDirector or anything VB6 related. Microsoft has moved on and so should you.

I agree. If MS saw any value in your program, they would just be trying to crush it out before it flared up. They have an interest in decreasing adoption of VB6, not increasing it.

Well I rang them. Them being Microsoft, they were very happy in bringing COM back with a touch of .NET and #. However from an IDE written inside either .NET or #. But they were really thinking about one that was written in COM, that had enough juice that could be able to work with the bad boys of the twenty-first century has to offer. So then this is where my IDE, came into the mix of things, and then they are considering bringing out Visual Basic out again, however with my type of IDE, like a special features that it has to offer. Just download the Source Code and then you can see for yourself. Just open the Source Code, inside Notepad and then nothing will then happen, you just won't be able to see the graphics or even the other things like media elements that have been written into the Project Files...

Hyperactive Member

So... You are not making a language, you are making an IDE out of VB6 for .NET and #?

I agree. If MS saw any value in your program, they would just be trying to crush it out before it flared up. They have an interest in decreasing adoption of VB6, not increasing it.
    Were it not for the fact that VB6 carries a much smaller runtime and the fact that VB6 programs are far more difficult to decompile, I'd say let VB6 fade out into obscurity. VB.Net is a far superior product in every regard except for the two issues I mentioned.

Mind you, when VB.Net came around, I could have easily been the most stubborn to accept its rising star. I was a staunch believer in VB6.

My workplace, still was using dBase, QBASIC and then some other programs, like Microsoft Word v2.00, in 1996. With an Operating System of Microsoft Windows v3.11 on Intel i486 machines!! When I came around in 2001, I was then able to then use NEW TECHNOLOGY, Windows 98 SP1 and then a Intel Pentium II processor machine with Microsoft Visual Studio 6.00 Enterprise Edition. Also that is the very stuff, that I learnt on when I began my programming skills back in 1992-93, sometime like that. It wasn't until 1996, that we launched onto learning Visual Basic 4.00 32-Bit for Windows 95!! Then it wasn't until: University, that I learnt VB5-6, we were meant to learn VB5, but then VB6, came out at that point in time. Then we were able to change onto VB6!!
    Last edited by ThEiMp; May 9th, 2012 at 06:59 PM.

Here is the very upto date version of the WebBrowser object. I am still working on the Lighting, Camera and also many other settings for the PictureBox, that is bound to the ActiveX Control Objects section for Visual Suite's QuickDirector...
    Last edited by ThEiMp; May 11th, 2012 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post

Mind you, when VB.Net came around, I could have easily been the most stubborn to accept its rising star. I was a staunch believer in VB6.
    So was I. I only moved into .NET because I needed it to write PDA programs. Once I realized how good it was, I dropped VB6 and never went back.

Well seriously VB6 COM, can do just about anything that VB .NET can do, just as well or even just a bit better. If I say so myself!!

Well seriously
    VB6 COM, can do just about anything that VB .NET can do, just as well or even just a bit better. If I say so myself!!
    These two statements contradict each other

Do I need to throw another exception ?

So... You are not making a language, you are making an IDE out of VB6 for .NET and #?
    I downloaded it a while back and tried to work out what it was.

It's basically a code generator in that you can pick from a list of simplified commands and it will interpret those commands into VB code. E.G. if you pick the Quit command it will write vb code to close any objects that are open. I think it's that Interpreter functionality that ShEcHiMp is describing as a languange (though whether that constitutes a language is debatable).

On top of that there's a rough IDE that lets you pick those commands and has some drawing functionality in.

Finally there's a "Browser" but that's just a wrapper round the VB6 browser control. I think it's kinda a separate project that just happened to find its way into this thread.

I think part of the objective is for it to have a small footprint because you wouldn't actually need to have the run times installed to develop it but I really don't understand that bit. You wouldn't be able to run your code to see the results?! And it wouldn't affect the footprint of your deployed app because that would still require the same VB runtimes as if you'd written it in VB yourself - because, essentially you have. Really it's just an extra layer of abstraction.

As I said previously, I think there's the germ of a good idea here but:-
    1. it's not a language, it's an abstraction
    2. the choice to use VB6 is frankly bizarre
    3. the code itself is riddled with bad practice
    4. I didn't try it but I'm willing to bet that the code it would create would be horrible

I can only assume that Microsoft's interest in it and ThELuMp's references to his employees are entirely fantastical. I'm afraid I just don't believe either of those claims.

I don't think it's trolling. He's clearly put alot of work into the files. It's just hopelessly miss-guided.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post
    I don't think it's trolling. He's clearly put alot of work into the files. It's just hopelessly miss-guided.
    Now you having me feeling bad about my earlier jest I didn't really think this was so serious.

Now you having me feeling bad about my earlier jest I didn't really think this was so serious.
    To be fair, if he's that determined to head up a blind alley and closes his ears when people try to tell him it's a blind alley then some gentle mockery is the least of his worries. Personally, I tried to be constructive with my early criticism but, as it was clear I was talking to a brick wall, I figured I might as well enjoy it.

Not to mention that when you post in Chit Chat, it's game on....

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Hyperactive Member

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    Not to mention that when you post in Chit Chat, it's game on....

-tg
    This is the unspoken rule on EVERY forum, lol.

!! Thanks for the Input$ !!

I will then be able to write some more into the project, based upon what you have been able to tell me...

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast