Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] !! About the new type of Single Language MSDN that I am making for Microsoft !!

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Re: !! About the new type of Single Language MSDN that I am making for Microsoft !!

Something I don't understand and which your use of the web control highlights:-

You seem to be trying to create a language with a small footprint. Is that right? If so, how does wrapping the web control up make anything smaller? You'll have all the same dependencies as a developer would if they just used the web control. And that's essentially the same as having IE on the machine. So what have you achieved?

The same applies to your language. At deployment you'll still have exactly the same dependencies as any developer using visual studio to develop VB6. They'll still have to ship exactly teh same components to their customer. Worse, you seem to be implying that they won't need to have the run time files resident on their development machine but that means they won't be able to run their own code to test it before they ship it.

You've called your tool an interpretter, which I can kind of understand. But all you're actually doing is providing an extra layer of abstraction between the developer and the code. And that extra layer has a footprint of its own. You're not making things smaller, you're making them bigger.

If you're aim is to make it easier to code by your extra abstraction then I can kind of understand where you're coming from. But I've seen enough bad practices in your code so that I wouldn't trust your abstraction as far as I could throw it.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

PowerPoster

Re: !! About the new type of Single Language MSDN that I am making for Microsoft !!

Quote Originally Posted by ThEiMp View Post
    I was also told that they will still carry the COM RunTime Files, built into the Operating System, instead of having them separately running around on the system. Also they are going to transform the VB6 COM language, into a something really new, kind of thing. But it will have been given a new lease on life, as such and the like...
    They may have been referring to the new WinRT that undergirds Windows 8 Metro applets.

Don't count on that meeting your needs, or even that Metro won't die as quick a death as Microsoft Bob and VJ++ (Anders' Folly version 1) did.

Anders' Folly version 2 (".Net") will be around for a while since it's changed enough so Microsoft won't be sued again. But it's a foreign layer on top of Windows like Java is, and it mutates on a 2 to 3 year cycle.

Lots of people are just moving to script-based development tools instead. Even Metro pushes a JavaScript+HTML5 toolset and there are alternatives like Adobe AIR, etc. etc.

Yes, I know that. But then they are getting the raw deal with me, and then my language is somewhat an editor, as spoken before in this Thread. That it only creates FRM & FRX files, that have been designed in VB6 COM, however they have been written using a interpreter, as such and the like. However they haven't even seen an inch or byte of a command or process from VB6 COM. But rather more over they have been able to see that they were esseentually working in a very different IDE, more so than what was happening in the older versions of COM programming...

I have been able to get my grubby mitts of a whitepaper that contains the processes and then the functions on how to work in COM and make calls to .NET, at the same time when working in a COM environment. This means that there has been the ability to breathe more life or a longer life into the COM typed IDEs and their environments, at the same time as not letting go the newer technology, at the very same time!!
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

Also they are going to transform the VB6 COM language, into a something really new, kind of thing. But it will have been given a new lease on life, as such and the like...
    I thought that's what you are trying to do?

I am quite glad to announce the smallest ever Web Browser, that I have been able to write for you. It also works with Frames, ActiveX Control Objects and also HTML Objects. And other things like Hyperlinks, Pictures etc...
    Does it fit in the 128k memory on my calculator and allow me to surf the net in text mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfort View Post
    I was in the M$ office a few months back and we were begging to get some real info on how long they were going to keep updating Silverlight. The "no comment" response did not give me confidence for starting a new project in it...
    Well, it does get kinda scary to see your whole team making a slow and painful switch to DotNet 4.0 just to know the MSDN has now started talking about DotNet 5.0

I am not a complete idiot. Some parts are still missing.
    Check out the rtf-help tutorial
    General VB Faq Thread
    Change is the only constant thing. I have not changed my signature in a long while and now it has started to stink!
    Get more power for your floppy disks. ; View honeybee's Elite Club:
    Use meaningfull thread titles. And add "[Resolved]" in the thread title when you have got a satisfactory response.
    And if that response was mine, please think about giving me a rep. I like to collect them!

Yes, tell me about it. However we have been able to stay with it using many of the other programs, like Cobol. Which in actual fact I guess isn't .NET, at all??? However I have never touched the stuff, and therefore only know that my ActiveX Control Objects, do work with it. Some of the time. I have to make allowances to have the Controls to work, some way...
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

PowerPoster

I still have no idea what you are making, but you seem very enthusiastic about it, so fair play to you . I would not get high hopes of it replacing .Net, but as long as you are having fun.

I don't want to replace COM, .NET or #. But work together with them, as a single one language option for programmers to work with and then be able to learn and then use for themselves, as a single one language. That was really dumb that they had about four or five languages, on the one packaged CD. But I am not putting them down, as such and then the like. Instead they are gonna get much better, if they only have C# and then BASIC. Which I am then able to do a turn around and then have my language, as a BASIC language, in which is where it gets it roots from and then that is where I was originally targeting my gaze, and the scope of the whole project...

If you have a good look at the screen shots on, Page #4. Then you are able to have a good look at what I am trying to do here and then that could give me a good helping hand, in what I am required to do on the Project???

You think they should make a different version of VS for each language that you can currently use in VS? I would think that would be a whole lot less desirable than the current situation, but maybe you weren't talking about VS?
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    You think they should make a different version of VS for each language that you can currently use in VS? I would think that would be a whole lot less desirable than the current situation, but maybe you weren't talking about VS?
    I think, he meant the opposite. A single "unique" one instead of all those variants !

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...

Quote Originally Posted by akhileshbc View Post
    I think, he meant the opposite. A single "unique" one instead of all those variants !
    -- Correct-o-mondo!!

Here is the screenshot from the Web Browser that I have been able to write using Visual Basic COM!!

As for the WebBrowser, which is named: QuickBrowser. I am trying to find out how to open a new Tab, for every Popup or Window that is opened. However there is the fact of the matter, that there will be times when you don't need to or aren't required to open a new Window or Tab for each of the Pages. They will be then required to just open inside the one Tab or Window, of the WebBrowser. If that makes any sense???

However I am not quite sure on how to do this, when making a new Control inside an SSTab Control. Can someone please help me with this problem of mine???

!! Thanks in advance !!

Please look further into this Thread, cause there will be much newer versions of the Project Files, that have been posted by myself or one of my employees...
    Last edited by ThEiMp; May 2nd, 2012 at 07:03 AM.

I'm about to be a PowerPoster!

Mate you are so cutting edge my hair is falling out just reading this thread.

Did you write your own HTML renderer for that webbrowser ? If so, then I wanna marry you ASAP
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Quote Originally Posted by penagate View Post
    Mate you are so cutting edge my hair is falling out just reading this thread.
    Exactly my though when I downloaded it from his codebank thread.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

I am kinda ashamed at dishing out my opinions without even downloading anything ThEiMp has posted.

General VB Faq Thread
    Change is the only constant thing. I have not changed my signature in a long while and now it has started to stink!
    Use meaningfull thread titles. And add "[Resolved]" in the thread title when you have got a satisfactory response.
    And if that response was mine, please think about giving me a rep. I like to collect them!

Cool. I didn't know that they had Google India Inc. I thought that it was apart of Asia Inc., Instead!!

Also, sorry about the lateness of posting this...

This post is about the rendering engine processes of the WebBrowser, which is named: QuickBrowser. I have had some help in writing this, I cannot see the Source Code. That wasn't part of the deal, that have been able to strike. Also I cannot release any of the names of the people that had been able to help me with the writing of the rendering engine processes of this type of WebBrowser, which is named: QuickBrowser...

Please look futher into this Thread, cause there is more up to date, versions of the Project Files, being release nearly everyday, just about!! So then I ask you to enjoy this Thread as what it has to offer. Please by all means, post your comments inside this Thread, as Post. That would be very appirciated, in deed!!
    Last edited by ThEiMp; May 3rd, 2012 at 11:05 PM.

It's now 64kb and now I got a Refresh, Home and Homepage settings working, right about now!! Just wait for the next installment of the Project Files, to be posted on this Thread, I hope that you enjoy them!!

Update: The newer version of the Project Files, the Build that you are able to make, is about: 64kb in size for it's EXE File. The Source Coded Project Files, are somewhere inside the Thread, further on into it. I hope that you enjoy, it!!
    Last edited by ThEiMp; May 6th, 2012 at 07:58 PM.

Your enthusiasm surpasses that of the creator of Yotamarker!

General VB Faq Thread

Your enthusiasm surpasses that of the creator of Yotamarker!
    Pfft, not even close. Moti was posting regular "demos" to YouTube and even printing his own T Shirts. Also, I'm not convinced that ShEBlImP sleeps with his new language at night where as Moti and YotaMarker... there was definitely some innapropriate romance going on there.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Ah, but as Shakespere (or pear?) said, it could be a "marriage of two minds" !

Some people are stimulated by intellectual activity more than the physical one.

General VB Faq Thread

-- What are you two talking about???

Best you never know, as such and the like.

This thread went up 1 point on my weirdometer.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post
    Best you never know, as such and the like.
    Indeed, in that part of the matter of the fact.

Frenzied Member

I have been able to really like this thread, at the very same time!

Thanks for the great laughs. I almost spilled coffee on my keyboard while reading this thread.

"Almost?" Amature... a professional would have succeeded in spilling the coffee. A true professional would have then sucked the coffee from the keyboard...

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

A TRUE professional would have spit the coffee all over the screen, then licked it all up, thereby cleaning the screen at the same time.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

-- Make that two points of weirdom!!

PS: Has anyone use the WebBrowser that I have been able to write. I am working on secruity issues, but cannot find any. Also has anyone use the Browser to view, Photos, Videos and also ActiveX Control Objects??? They work brillantly, in deed with the beta tests of the product!!
    Last edited by ThEiMp; May 5th, 2012 at 02:36 AM.

Please look further into the Thread, so that you are able to download the newest version of the products, that are on offer!!
    Last edited by ThEiMp; May 8th, 2012 at 12:28 AM.

Just to let you know that I am now starting on the writing of the Camera, Lighting, Shadows and the other special visual and also the audio effects, that function programs of the twenty-first century apps. Also I am working on getting a gravity and also other physics processes to be written into the app, even at the time of writing this Post of this Thread!!

My guess is that I am going to need afew days to work out the science behind these processes, and then I will be able to implement them into the application that I am working on. So then bare with me, on this one. That is all I ask of you, my dear friends and members of the Forum!!

When are you offering the IPO?

General VB Faq Thread

I don't remember what an "IPO" really means. I have forgotten all of my termnology of programming. It has been a very long time since, I have used them, for anything like this type of programming projects that I am undertaking right about now...

IPO = Interoperability Programming Orifice .... it's the next generation subplanting APIs.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Cool!! I have to know more about this, and fast inorder to implement this into my Application!! Where can I find WhitePapers of it on the Internet that are free and also Downloadable also they have to be Print Friendly, in deed!!

I don't remember what an "IPO" really means. I have forgotten all of my termnology of programming. It has been a very long time since, I have used them, for anything like this type of programming projects that I am undertaking right about now...
    Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    IPO = Interoperability Programming Orifice .... it's the next generation subplanting APIs.

-tg
    Good lord lol

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast