Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] !! About the new type of Single Language MSDN that I am making for Microsoft !!

Re: !! About the new type of Single Language MSDN that I am making for Microsoft !!

Hunh, I thought it would be a reference to the AI thread.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Re: !! About the new type of Single Language MSDN that I am making for Microsoft !!

What kind of reference was that. Some sort of funny (stupid) one. They went on for about seventy-six pages, in total!! So what???
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

Quote Originally Posted by penagate View Post
    What on earth is this all about?
    We are waiting for Google, Apple, Microsoft, Yahoo (not really sure, but what the heck), Samsung, Nokia and all others out there to make a bid for this innovation of the century so we can then stake a claim to the royalties.

Oh, forgot to add Oracle!

I am not a complete idiot. Some parts are still missing.
    Check out the rtf-help tutorial
    General VB Faq Thread
    Change is the only constant thing. I have not changed my signature in a long while and now it has started to stink!
    Get more power for your floppy disks. ; View honeybee's Elite Club:
    Use meaningfull thread titles. And add "[Resolved]" in the thread title when you have got a satisfactory response.
    And if that response was mine, please think about giving me a rep. I like to collect them!

What about Hewlett Packard and Sony???
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

What about them? They are busy trying to stay afloat. I don't think they have enough cash to buy this invention and then sink.

General VB Faq Thread
    Change is the only constant thing. I have not changed my signature in a long while and now it has started to stink!
    Use meaningfull thread titles. And add "[Resolved]" in the thread title when you have got a satisfactory response.
    And if that response was mine, please think about giving me a rep. I like to collect them!

One Million dollars!
    "Ok, my response to that is pending a Google search" - Bucky Katt.
    "There are two types of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data sets." - Unk.
    "Before you can 'think outside the box' you need to understand where the box is."

Well actually I am going to GIVE it to Microsoft for free with conditions that it still is mine, etc. I know that HP is the biggest compared to Apple, in then that return is then bigger than HP. The Capital (useablity of cash outlay) that they have as the ablity to work out new technology...

Quote Originally Posted by SJWhiteley View Post
    One Million dollars!
    What do you mean by that Post. Not quite sure what you mean??? Please post back, real soon...

Please look further into this Thread, cause there is the newer version that has been posted on this Thread...
    Last edited by ThEiMp; Apr 25th, 2012 at 08:26 PM.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by SJWhiteley View Post
    One Million dollars!
    Shagadelic.

-- MsgBox = "Cool!!" ,, "Message"

Thanks in keeping this Thread alive, by posting and working with me to create a better understanding in the IT Industry about free software!!
    Last edited by ThEiMp; Apr 30th, 2012 at 01:59 AM.

Stack Overflow mod​erator

Instead of making us download and run the projects (which I can't do), can you describe the language you're creating? Some code samples, editor screenshots? Please?

-- Rightie 'o, there I will then be able to do what you ask of me!!

Right here are three Screen Captures of three sections of the Applcation that I am writing!!

And here is the QuickDirector process for making a standard Control Array. This is then subject to be rewritten, in another special way. But then haven't been able to find anykind of way, to do so...
    Code:
    Class Sub Make Demo One (Input, Output);
    	Dim Command2 As Object, Index As Integer;
    		Command2 As ControlArray
    	End Dim										
    Public Sub Form_AddControl(Control As Object);
    Set Command2 To Container AS The Form1

With Command2(Index);
    			.Caption = “!! Hello !!”
    			.Index = .Index + 1
    			.Visible = True
    			.Zorder 0
    		End With
    	End Sub										
    Public Sub Command2_Click(Button As Integer);
    		Load Command2(Index);
    End Sub
    End Class

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

From what I looked at in noteopad it's not a language, it's an editor. He doesn't decribe it very well but that's mostly a language problem.

In credit to ThEpImP, there's the kernel of a good idea here. It's got a code window which will colour your code as you type and some sort of design window. I think there are some other features in there too. I think part of the idea is that it's implemented as an ocx which should make it reasonably portable between machines. For the colouring he takes the commands from a list so it doesn't need the language framework to be in situ which would make it fairly light (although I'm not sure how he populates that list or how you'd actually run your code).

I do think there are a few good ideas in there but the actual implementation is quite ameteurish and I don't think many of the ideas have been properly thought through.

@ThEcHiMp, this looks like an interesting and fun project to me so well worth pursuing as a learning exercise but, realistically, Microsoft aren't going to take you at all seriously.

Also, if you insist on giving me carpal tunnel syndrome by making me hit shift for every second character in your username then I insist on getting your username wrong.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Actually it's an Intepreter as such, because it works on COM Source Code, that is somewhat written to rehash Visual Basic Source Code. eg: You type a command, inside the CodeWindow, which is, like this: CancelError, for instance. Then that gives the computer the following commands: On Error Resume Next. Quit, being the biggest type of command sequence, in the whole COM Empire, of languages in the world. See for youself, if you dare??? (Please note, I was just kidding. There aren't anything wrong with the Source Code, in that matter of fact...)
    Code:
    CancelError = On Error Resume Next
    Please note that Quit, cannot be written on a single command line. It has so many parts to it, that have been written inside it, using all of the Unload sequences, like exiting out of all If statements, Do Loops, Go Loops, For Next Loops and then unload every Form that has been loaded inside the current Build...
    Last edited by ThEiMp; Apr 26th, 2012 at 05:39 AM.

Why not just End it instead of traversing all the If's, Do's, and For's, Loops, etc..
    Why can't you just End it.
    End It.
    End
    En
    D
    CancelError

Why not just End it
    To be fair that was always considered bad practice. You were supposed to keep track of all your open objects, forms, connections etc and clean them up gracefully when you'd finished using them. Of course, in this case Quit is the equivalent of a hard End and it's not really the job of the interpreter to enforce good practice so it's probably the right thing to do in this case.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Stack Overflow mod​erator

Hm... okay, but if you want to pursue this, then I'd recommend moving it to VB.NET instead. VB6's support has been all gone for over 4 years now. The bright side is that you'll find dynamic compilation and UI much easier!

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post
    To be fair that was always considered bad practice. You were supposed to keep track of all your open objects, forms, connections etc and clean them up gracefully when you'd finished using them. Of course, in this case Quit is the equivalent of a hard End and it's not really the job of the interpreter to enforce good practice so it's probably the right thing to do in this case.
    Yes I know FD, this is why I placed CancelError at the the end.
    It did not traverse backward and my post went into Error.
    I used OP's term as I assume it is a Function that would return an Long that would determine which error message or Action to take from there.

But I might have just made that up

Really CancelError, has to be placed at the beginning of the Handler/Module/Class Module, because it will then be able to trace all steps to the error, and then cover them up. Well that is my notion of it, and then trying to implement it, was easy, in return of it all...

PS: As in the last post, in this Thread: CancelError is a Process that operates inside a Handler and not inside a Sub Routine, and not really a Function by itself. The difference is that a Handler is the master axis of the Sub Routine. Eg: To pass into a Sub Routine you use GoSub and to get back out of there and back to the positon inside the Handler. Then you use the Return, command. This therefore hasn't been able to change. I didn't see any purpose to do so, in return of the notion. I was then compelled to add it, therefore there would be a use for it, somewhere inside a program, as such and the like...
    Last edited by ThEiMp; Apr 27th, 2012 at 04:17 AM.

This is the proper syntax for the Projector Unload Process, as follows:
    Code:
    Public Sub cmdExit_Click(Cancel As Integer);
    Cancel = 1

CancelError
      Quit
    End Sub
    Please Note: That the cmdExit and mnuExit_Click, are Reserved and then cannot be changed to suit, anyother purpose. Also the cmdSaveAs, cmdOpen, cmdSave, cmdNew, cmdPrint and their Menu parts, are also Reserved and then cannot be changed for any reason, under the good old Sun...
    Last edited by ThEiMp; Apr 27th, 2012 at 02:28 PM.

Really CancelError, has to be placed at the beginning of the Handler/Module/Class Module, because it will then be able to trace all steps to the error, and then cover them up.
    Oooh, good idea. After all, you wouldn't want to spoil your day by finding out that something had gone wrong. Far better to proceed in blissful ignorance.

But CancelError would only apply for opening a folder and finding nothing or using a Dir$ command, and then finding nothing, as well...

UGH, my brain hurts.
    Sometimes pure genius is disguised as pure lunacy.
    I'm banking on the latter.
    So, welcome to my world, theimp.ToLower()

But I still need to leave this thread.
    It's hurting that tender spot on my scalp.

Please Note: That the Quit command, has about ten lines of Visual Basic Source Code in it. This means that my way of writing code, will thus be able to write less lines of code and then do more with it, as such. But then that is what I am trying to do, here. But it seems to be working right about now, but soon I will then be able to get help in that, won't I???

You do realize that MS has dropped support for VB6, and isn't going to be much interested in a tool that works with what it considers an archaic language, right?
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Well when I have a working full version, I will then be able to think of working onto C# 2005, if need be...

C# 2005? Where do you live, in a cave? Or a cage?

Even DotNet 2010 is becoming kinda obsolete FYI.

General VB Faq Thread

What, really???

I once called Microsoft, last year sometime in Autumn (AU). They said: "They still use VB6 & VC++ COM for their work..."

I now call, QuickDirector Express Codepad Express, but somethings have changed inside of it, but not very much in deed. Also Codepad is only a demo project and then cannot amount to very much, in deed. Also the QuickDirector Forms that I have included belong to the QuickDirector IDE and will then be able to work with the IDE, that I am designing. You are able to download a demo of the IDE at my website, and then that can be found at the following address: http://www.theimp.zxq.net/
    Last edited by ThEiMp; May 3rd, 2012 at 11:07 PM.

"They still use VB6 & VC++ COM for their work..."
    Really?! I find that highly doubtful and I think you should check your source.

They occasionally release statements saying that the older set of languages will continue to work in their new operating systems but they haven't formally supported them for years and and I'd be extremely surprised to find they actually use them themselves. I guess, like many other companies, they may continue to have a few legacy apps around their offices that they cary on using but it won't be in any formal way.

Seriosuly, the .Net suite is over a decade old now and that's longer than VB6's shelf life. It's time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by ThEiMp View Post
    What, really???

I once called Microsoft, last year sometime in Autumn (AU). They said: "They still use VB6 & VC++ COM for their work..."
    I suspect the person who attended the call must be a member of VBF.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post
    Really?! I find that highly doubtful and I think you should check your source.

They occasionally release statements saying that the older set of languages will continue to work in their new operating systems but they haven't formally supported them for years and and I'd be extremely surprised to find they actually use them themselves. I guess, like many other companies, they may continue to have a few legacy apps around their offices that they cary on using but it won't be in any formal way.

Seriosuly, the .Net suite is over a decade old now and that's longer than VB6's shelf life. It's time to move on.
    Not only your source, but also your source code. There may be code around, but I doubt if MS support it. And whatever is lying around is only there for backward compatibility so that not everything breaks.

If you still want to stick to VB6, you will find that by the time you are ready to share it, it will only work on your PC and nobody else's.

Holy c**(*), I am giving you serious advice in Chit Chat!

General VB Faq Thread

I was also told that they will still carry the COM RunTime Files, built into the Operating System, instead of having them separately running around on the system. Also they are going to transform the VB6 COM language, into a something really new, kind of thing. But it will have been given a new lease on life, as such and the like...

Please look further into this Thread, cause of the newer more updated versions of the Projects that have been stated in this Thread, and inside this Thread in more recent posts...
    Last edited by ThEiMp; May 1st, 2012 at 01:13 AM.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
    C# 2005? Where do you live, in a cave? Or a cage?

Even DotNet 2010 is becoming kinda obsolete FYI.

I was in the M$ office a few months back and we were begging to get some real info on how long they were going to keep updating Silverlight. The "no comment" response did not give me confidence for starting a new project in it...

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by ThEiMp View Post
    I am quite glad to announce the smallest ever Web Browser, that I have been able to write for you. It also works with Frames, ActiveX Control Objects and also HTML Objects. And other things like Hyperlinks, Pictures etc...
    Looks like a simple wrapper around the M$ web control.

Exactly, in deed it is. But then there isn't much you can do without it, using it in someway, shape or form is just as good without it. But then it uses the Internet Explorer Secruity Updates and then everything else that it uses, as well as then some functions, processes and then some modules have also been written inisde the full version of my product. This one posted on the Internet, is then just a demo version, just more like a beta version rather than the full version thing...

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast