Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] !! About the new type of Single Language MSDN that I am making for Microsoft !!

Hyperactive Member

Re: !! About the new type of Single Language MSDN that I am making for Microsoft !!

Quote Originally Posted by ThEiMp View Post
    I am making a new type of single programming language that is to be given to Microsoft for nothing and no kind of payment, as such and the like. However I will then take not any amount of the sales, etc. I am doing this app for the good of them, etc....

Well I am getting paid for this purpose.

It all makes perfect sense now.

Re: !! About the new type of Single Language MSDN that I am making for Microsoft !!

-- Yes so it does, my dear friends, guests, admins and also the members as well...
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

Hyperactive Member

Who is paying you to write this program in VB6? I would like to discuss the sale of a few bridges with them.

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

I've just invented a solar powered washing line they might be interested in. They only cost twice as much as standard washing lines so I think there'll be a market.

I also do a line in left handed dinner plates.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Hyperactive Member

Well I am getting paid for this purpose. And also I like to tell you that I have been drawing the Forms in .NET 2010!! So then all of your work has paid off, right about now!!
    .............................................. So you're "drawing" your forms in .NET with Visual Studio 2010, coding with VB6, and all of my work has paid off?

I'm gonna use the OCXs to be placed on the Form, instead of learning a new language...
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

Hyperactive Member

You're dead set against anyone ever actually using your program other than yourself, aren't you?

No, of course not...

Question: How do you make an Windows EXE File, using Visual Studio 2010??? Can you please go through the steps, one by one???

!! Thanks in advance !!

U dont!! EXEs are made everytime you run the program.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

-- I mean for my .NET App, which I have just finished working with. (I just embedded my COM Objects, into it and then hey presto ,, It was finished. However I must do this all the time, when working with my COM Objects from now on.)

Here is the whole QuickDirector VisualBasic COM Project, that I am working on, right about now. Also can someone please help me in using the Built OCX, to be added into a VB.NET 2010 Project. I think that I am missing something in the writing of the Project File, as such as the Control's CLSID address. That was what my Local Computer Store, told me to find out and then to add that into the special preferences for the Project...

!! Thanks in advance !!

I'll bite.

Any OCX Controls you use to wish with .NET need to be re-written ground-up. Ask these guys for details.
    Everything that has a computer in will fail. Everything in your life, from a watch to a car to, you know, a radio, to an iPhone, it will fail if it has a computer in it. They should kill the people who made those things.- 'Woz'
    save a blobFileStreamDataTable To Text Filemy blog

Frenzied Member

Most people reading this thread don't use VB6 (anymore), so I doubt anyone here can help you with this. Not to mention that you don't listen to any advice you get, unless people tell you what you want to hear.

For years people have been telling you that you should stop using "On Error Resume Next", yet you keep using it almost everywhere. Every time you don't know how to fix an error, you simply put "On Error Resume Next" at the top of the event in order to hide it, instead of fixing the error or adding proper error handling.

Most controls don't have a proper name. Combo31_Click and Check18.Enabled mean nothing to anyone.

In your code you read/write/copy/delete many files, but never check if they exist or if the user has the correct permission. You have been told many times that you should use the FreeFile function instead of hardcoding the file number (#1). All your paths, for example "c:\temp\project1\director\menu1.dat", are hardcoded as well, which no doubtly will lead to problems sooner or later on other computers.

Microsoft is not going to take you seriously when you give this code to them. It's obvious that you are not learning anything, because you keep making the same mistakes over and over again. This means that other people will not learn anything from your code either. In the end you will be the only one using this code.

Sorry if I sound a bit harsh, but I know you won't listen anyway, unless I tell you that you are doing an excellent job.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris001 View Post
    Most people reading this thread don't use VB6 (anymore), so I doubt anyone here can help you with this. Not to mention that you don't listen to any advice you get, unless people tell you what you want to hear.

For years people have been telling you that you should stop using "On Error Resume Next", yet you keep using it almost everywhere. Every time you don't know how to fix an error, you simply put "On Error Resume Next" at the top of the event in order to hide it, instead of fixing the error or adding proper error handling.

Most controls don't have a proper name. Combo31_Click and Check18.Enabled mean nothing to anyone.

In your code you read/write/copy/delete many files, but never check if they exist or if the user has the correct permission. You have been told many times that you should use the FreeFile function instead of hardcoding the file number (#1). All your paths, for example "c:\temp\project1\director\menu1.dat", are hardcoded as well, which no doubtly will lead to problems sooner or later on other computers.

Microsoft is not going to take you seriously when you give this code to them. It's obvious that you are not learning anything, because you keep making the same mistakes over and over again. This means that other people will not learn anything from your code either. In the end you will be the only one using this code.

Sorry if I sound a bit harsh, but I know you won't listen anyway, unless I tell you that you are doing an excellent job.

So you actually went through the code.
    Everything that has a computer in will fail. Everything in your life, from a watch to a car to, you know, a radio, to an iPhone, it will fail if it has a computer in it. They should kill the people who made those things.- 'Woz'
    save a blobFileStreamDataTable To Text Filemy blog

Frenzied Member

I opened a few Form files with Notepad, just for fun, to see what he had done. I also tried to give him some simple advice, but I know he won't do anything with it. He simply created this thread, so people can tell him what an excellent job he's doing. Or he's just trolling...
    Last edited by Chris001; Jun 28th, 2012 at 11:43 AM.

Or just having the lot smacked out of him...

Right about now: I am getting an error at RunTime of the .NET Project that has the embedded COM Objects, in it. It says: "Cannot display any non-modal Forms in this type of Project." Oh what to do, I now ask you that??? And the error number code, is a: "406." If that makes it any easier in knowing what kind of error, I am getting. Can someone please help me with this problem of mine???

!! Thanks in advance !!

Hyperactive Member

I think that error means you need to rewrite your OCX files into VB.NET.

Actually I found out that it was asking me to remove all of the Unload MainForm commands, and also the End commands, in conjunction with anything like an App.TaskVisible, etc...

I have the project working in some sort of .NET Projector that I have been able to write for the COM Project. Look it works, really well. So then there is not a chance in the world to change it, because it works right. However there are some sort of problems, that go with the two commands, and they are: The DIR and also the OPEN VB6 commands. They have to be worked on, and then fixed so that they work properly inside the Projector...

PS: I got one of the Projects, working inside the .NET Projector. It's name is: QuickBrowser. Which is the very same one that was from the COM Project, I just placed it in a COM OCX File and then placed it into .NET as a COM Object. Then compiled the Project and then wrote some of the code, to work on the Projector. The Source Code that I wrote the Projector with, you can ask for it, if you want to use it in your .NET Projects. You have my word, that you can use it if you want to use it, please ask for it...

Quote Originally Posted by samuelk View Post
    It's like spending a year building a car and then a year using a manual to convert it into a boat instead of spending 6 months reading the manual, 6 months building the boat and then having an extra year to enjoy sailing it.
    Well, some people say it's not the end that matters, but the journey to the end.
    With VB6, though, I must say it looks like the end has long past gone, but the journey, for some weird reason, still continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    It's STILL a learning experience, you'd just be learning something other than what you want to learn.
    need, not want. IMO the OP 'wants' to learn VB6 whereas he needs to learn dotnet.

I am not a complete idiot. Some parts are still missing.
    Check out the rtf-help tutorial
    General VB Faq Thread
    Change is the only constant thing. I have not changed my signature in a long while and now it has started to stink!
    Get more power for your floppy disks. ; View honeybee's Elite Club:
    Use meaningfull thread titles. And add "[Resolved]" in the thread title when you have got a satisfactory response.
    And if that response was mine, please think about giving me a rep. I like to collect them!

What do you mean by: Learn VB6??? I have been able to learn most of the stuff that was on offer, in University. But then there are still more things to learn from that. Also like now, I am being able to learn .NET, even without being in a University Degree, as such and then the like...

Question: How do you make an Windows EXE File, using Visual Studio 2010??? Can you please go through the steps, one by one???

!! Thanks in advance !!
    This is the wrong forum to ask for that kind of advice. I thought you must have realized at least as much after so many posts here.

Anyways, I don't know if your doggedness is a virtue or a vice. It certainly is a rich source of entertainment in this otherwise drab landscape.

Learn VB6??? Did anyone ever say that? I thought people were trying to 'forget' VB6, it's so old!

General VB Faq Thread
    Change is the only constant thing. I have not changed my signature in a long while and now it has started to stink!
    Use meaningfull thread titles. And add "[Resolved]" in the thread title when you have got a satisfactory response.
    And if that response was mine, please think about giving me a rep. I like to collect them!

This is the wrong forum to ask for that kind of advice. I thought you must have realized at least as much after so many posts here. Anyways, I don't know if your doggedness is a virtue or a vice. It certainly is a rich source of entertainment in this otherwise drab landscape. Learn VB6??? Did anyone ever say that? I thought people were trying to 'forget' VB6, it's so old!
    Yes I know, that...
    Last edited by ThEiMp; Jul 1st, 2012 at 09:36 PM.

At this very point in time: I am now converting my VB6 Projects, into COM Controls. Thus being able to import them as .NET Projects. This means that they are also very well and truly compressed, in deed. This is very good news. But then it makes a lot of time, for writing the Control. Which in actual fact is the very same one for each of the VB6 Projects...
    Last edited by ThEiMp; Jul 1st, 2012 at 09:37 PM.

I've been looking at my Source Code in VB6 COM and then discovered that there aren't any kind of Automation Errors, to deal with. But then when I run the OCX File, in VB6 COM to get a handle on the Errors. But then it then comes up with an Error Code of "440", which then means that there is an error with the Source Code. I have been looking in the Debugger, and found nothing as to where this type of error can appear. Also it isn't telling me as to where this error is appearing. So then what do I do, when dealing with this type of error code???

I have never been able to deal with an error that cannot appear out of the Source Code. Also it is telling me that there is an error with the ActiveX Control Object, that I have been able to write for the VB6 COM Project, which is thus named: Visual Suite SX. Don't worry about the name, it isn't going to stay. It will then be able to be renamed after the Project has been able to be released, as such and then the like...

!! Thanks in advance !!

Frenzied Member

As someone has already told you, the error means it needs to be rewritten in VB.NET.
    Last edited by Chris001; Jul 1st, 2012 at 10:53 PM.

At this very point in time: I am now converting my VB6 Projects, into COM Controls. Thus being able to import them as .NET Projects. This means that they are also very well and truly compressed, in deed. This is very good news. But then it makes a lot of time, for writing the Control. Which in actual fact is the very same one for each of the VB6 Projects...
    I hate to hand out serious advice, however this is not what people meant when they said you need to use DotNet.

I've been looking at my Source Code in VB6 COM and then discovered that there aren't any kind of Automation Errors, to deal with. But then when I run the OCX File, in VB6 COM to get a handle on the Errors. But then it then comes up with an Error Code of "440", which then means that there is an error with the Source Code. I have been looking in the Debugger, and found nothing as to where this type of error can appear. Also it isn't telling me as to where this error is appearing. So then what do I do, when dealing with this type of error code???

I have never been able to deal with an error that cannot appear out of the Source Code. Also it is telling me that there is an error with the ActiveX Control Object, that I have been able to write for the VB6 COM Project, which is thus named: Visual Suite SX. Don't worry about the name, it isn't going to stay. It will then be able to be renamed after the Project has been able to be released, as such and then the like...

!! Thanks in advance !!
    It must be Saddam's doing, inserting errors in your code!

No wait, Saddam is dead. It must be Laden's doing then!

Heck, he is dead too! Can't we find someone else of the stature of these two so we can blame the errors on them?

General VB Faq Thread

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Bush
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post
    Bush
    Well, on that line how many other ex-presidents can you name?

I am really losing touch with the reality, I must take a break.

General VB Faq Thread

Hyperactive Member

This is not what I meant at all by switching to .NET, what you are doing is taking an old, semi-useless at this point language, and putting it in a new, very useful "Projector" that has a completely different and better language that comes with it. By doing this, you are creating excessive amounts of fail, and because of this, I feel that you should have you're laptop/computer/toaster removed from your possession and given to an infant Chinese boy, so that one day he can use it for something at least half useful.\

At this point, there is no way I can come to believe that English is your first language, or that you are Australian. If I were to guess, I would have to say that you are Brazilian, I know a lot of Brazilian people, and all, or at least most, of them are stubborn/ignorant and terrible at the English language, just like you are. I refuse to further give to good advice until you tell me your Nationality and the first SPEAKING language that you EVER learned, or the one that you can use correctly.

Portuguese to English is very rough, so I could understand why you don't listen when anyone tries to help you.

Or maybe you are the Yotamarker...
    Last edited by thebuffalo; Jul 2nd, 2012 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
    Well, on that line how many other ex-presidents can you name?

I am really losing touch with the reality, I must take a break.

You only need to know the previous one. All the other ones are known for the things they did-or-did-not-do-and-if-they-did-it-wasn't-them-and-if-it-was-you-can't-prove-it-and-if-you-can-then-they-just-write-a-book.
    "Ok, my response to that is pending a Google search" - Bucky Katt.
    "There are two types of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data sets." - Unk.
    "Before you can 'think outside the box' you need to understand where the box is."

Well I am not sure on why you don't believe me that I am what I am. Just that when I revieal my project to Microsoft, then you will know then...

King of sapila

Ok let's say that English is your first language(hard to believe since i am using it better and it's not my first language). Then the next logical question that comes into mind is how old are you.If i had to guess i would probably say...errr....Six?Am i close enough?
    And if you tell a fib we should start asking you about women(girls for your) and then it would be difficult to hide your age!
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

Well I am: 32 years old...

Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    Ok let's say that English is your first language(hard to believe since i am using it better and it's not my first language). Then the next logical question that comes into mind is how old are you.If i had to guess i would probably say...errr....Six?Am i close enough?
    And if you tell a fib we should start asking you about women(girls for your) and then it would be difficult to hide your age!
    Well, to be extremely fair, English isn't my first language and I can speak / write it better than many other people, so that really doesn't hold water.

And going by the coherent parts of his posts, he is definitely older than six years. Other than my nephew who is two and a half years old, I have yet to see a kid come up with so many coherent statements in a single thread.

General VB Faq Thread

Well I can also say the very same as that, last Post from honeybee...

Well I can also say the very same as that, last Post from honeybee...
    Beware! I might sue you for copyright infringement! That post is copyrighted to me and you cannot say the very same thing as I have said!

General VB Faq Thread

Quote Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
    Beware! I might sue you for copyright infringement! That post is copyrighted to me and you cannot say the very same thing as I have said!

I second that ...

Oops ..

* calls lawyer *
    PHP || MySql || Apache || Get Firefox || OpenOffice.org || Click || Slap ILMV || 1337 c0d || GotoMyPc For FREE! Part 1, Part 2

| PHP Session --> Database Handler * Custom Error Handler * Installing PHP * HTML Form Handler * PHP 5 OOP * Using XML * Ajax * Xslt | VB6 Winsock - HTTP POST / GET * Winsock - HTTP File Upload

Latest quote: crptcblade - VB6 executables can't be decompiled, only disassembled. And the disassembled code is even less useful than I am.

Random VisualAd: Blog - Latest Post: When the Internet becomes Electricity!!

Spread happiness and joy. Rate good posts.

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast