Thread: MS Outlook Interoperability

Hyperactive Member

Post MS Outlook Interoperability

Hello,

I have searched far and wide to try to work out how to implement a few seemingly simple things using VB.net 2010 within a particular application I am writing. I am trying to:

• Read emails which contain a certain string in the subject field
    • Read all other aspects of those emails (from:to:date/time sent) etc

I should also mention that I am also importing the following for use with other elements of my application:

Code:
    Imports MySql.Data.MySqlClient
    Imports System.Data
    Imports CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine
    Imports CrystalDecisions.Shared
    Imports System.Net
    Imports System.IO
    I have Outlook 2010 installed, I have added a COM reference to the Microsoft Outlook 14 Object Library and imported the Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook namespace within my project code.

However, when trying to reference 'outlook._application' or 'outlook._application' as It seems I need to do from reading through forums and posts. This does not pop up under auto suggest and fires a 'Error'_Application' is ambiguous in the namespace 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook'. I don't have anything in the list that looks remotely like application.

I am doing something glaringly wrong here? I'm sure once I can actually access the Outlook namespace I should be able to struggle my way through working out how to inter-operate with Outlook.

Replies greatly appreciated!
    Jordan
    Last edited by intraman; Feb 29th, 2012 at 03:05 PM.