dcsimg

Thread: Recommended Resume Services?

Recommended Resume Services?

This was the only place I could think to post this.

Can anyone recommend a resume service either online or in the DFW\Little Rock\Shreveport area's?

Re: Recommended Resume Services?

what do you mean by a "resume service"? Like Monster.com? Or are you looking for a company that will help you put together a resume? Like Monster.com? Or are you looking for a consulting company..... or???

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

I am just horrible at formatting and wording a resume to highlight my most marketable traits. I am looking for a reputable company that takes my skills and experience and puts pen to paper and creates my resume/cover letter for me.

Lurker

I can't help you, but that is a fantastic beard. Well done.

Do a few Google searches, you can find a lot of resume templates.

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

I can't help you, but that is a fantastic beard. Well done
    I agree! Magnificent facial foliage! I don't think you even need a resume, just mail your photo to any prospective employers. I'd hire you.
    You can depend upon the Americans to do the right thing. But only after they have exhausted every other possibility - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Hyperactive Member

I dislike the idea of having someone else create a CV for you, at the end of the day, you're supposed to be representing your skills through that piece of paper. If you can't format a document, if you get through the initial stages your inability may be discovered making you look worse.

Do your best (have a look at online examples), have a friend check spelling and grammar and go from there.

If I was in the business of writing CVs.... yeah, I'd agree... but really at the end of the day, the CV is simply a conveyance... I suck at them too... so I use the templates found in Word, and plug in the fields... heck, if there was a wizard for it, I'd use that too. I've yet to ever run into a problem at work because I can't do a CV on my own. And if you're in a position where your inability to do a CV is a problem... I'm thinking there are other problems with the company.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Sorry that it took me so long to reply.

Yes, my beard is amazing. Kids\Adults asking me if I am Amish is always a bonus as well. haha

Thank you all for your replies.

@OhGreen, point well taken!

@Techgnome, that is a great point and I never really thought of it that way.

Banned

this looks like a job for...
    walkthrough man
    HOW TO WRITE A RESUME :

name
    optional age
    contact

education/skills: degree/report card, place of study
    experience:

languages(and level):

hobbies:

you can take out hobbies.
    I think statisticly most employers look for 30-35 yr.

beard

The report card is completely over-rated for experienced professionals.
    Everything that has a computer in will fail. Everything in your life, from a watch to a car to, you know, a radio, to an iPhone, it will fail if it has a computer in it. They should kill the people who made those things.- 'Woz'
    save a blobFileStreamDataTable To Text Filemy blog