Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [RESOLVED] !! For ... Next Looping Through the strKeyWord variable keywords in a RTB TextBox !!

Re: !! For ... Next Looping Through the strKeyWord variable keywords in a RTB TextBox

This is the perfect reproduction of the Source Code, that I am writing. Also I have striped down the whole project Source Code, to the following lines of Source Code, as below.
    Code:
    Option Explicit
    '
    Dim m_Compiler As Long
    '
    Private Sub rtb_Code1_Change()
    For X = 0 To lstKeywords.ListCount - 1
       If lstKeywords.List(X) = strKeyWord Then
            txt_Compile1.Text = lstKeywords.ItemData(X)
       End If
    Next

End Sub

Public Property Get CompilerData() As Long
        CompilerData = m_Compiler
    End Property

Public Property Let CompilerData(ByVal New_CompilerData As Long)
        m_Compiler = New_CompilerData
        PropertyChanged "CompilerData"
    End Property

Public Property Get ItemData(ByVal Index As Integer) As Long
        ItemData = lstKeywords.ItemData(Index)
    End Property

Public Property Let ItemData(ByVal Index As Integer, ByVal New_ItemData As Long)
        lstKeywords.ItemData(Index) = New_ItemData
        PropertyChanged "ItemData"
    End Property
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

PowerPoster

Re: !! For ... Next Looping Through the strKeyWord variable keywords in a RTB TextBox

I see you are still searching in the change event. Typically this is not a good idea as it will do the full search with every keystroke. It also continues to search even after it has found a match. This could be part of your problem.

Well finally I have been able to fix up the Source Code, by adapting one of my older versions of the project. Also then I am having problems, with the Events and the setting of the Properties. For example: When the programmer enters a String value, into the .Text property. Then that would fire off the properties, which is called: .Script and also .Compile. These two are meant to work at RunTime. However I can fire both of these also at DesignTime, and they work fine. This then means that there is something very wrong with the Controls, that I am working them into with. Can you please help me with that problem. I see that there is a great need to find out which one to send them to, because I guess that I cannot send the data from them, to the basic TextBox. Cause of the data, is formatted into the following areas. Font, Style and also ForeColor.

Then that means that I must be able to use the RichTextBox, instead. Which it is working very well, in deed right about now. Even the .ItemData is working as to what I am using it for, however there are still bugs that must be fixed within that process. However there is then the problem of working out the properties, and then the Controls that surround them, too...

!! Thanks in advance !!
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

PowerPoster

Are you using timers in the problem controls which have an interval set in thier properties and enabled in the properties? This may cause the timers to run while in the form designer once the control is added.

That = True...

Also now I have to get the .ItemData to be linked only to the .CompilerData, which is only for numeric data, like through the Long variable data type. Could you please help me with that. So then everytime there is a new kind of .ItemData, being represented then that means that there is going to be a new numeric data inside the .CompilerData. So then that seems easy enough, but then I have been trying to have the two linked, and then I just went back to my only backup in which I had made up, a few hours ago...

So then, with the .ItemData property. We must, be able to write a special type of process for that. To place the .ItemData or rather more over the .ListIndex, into the property .CompilerData. I think that working from the TextBox and linking it to the .ItemData, then making a setting property to have the .ItemData being sent to the .CompilerData, everytime the TextBox is changed, eg: through the Change event.

I am guessing that could work, if not then could you please help me on the matter.???
    That would be great,
    !! Thanks in advance !!

PowerPoster

You do understand that much of what you say has no meaning to those of us who have not saw the full code.

As I have said several times already if your intention is to search a list for a whole word then it makes no sense to search through the list while the user is still typing the word i.e. Change event. Without actually understanding exactly what you are trying to achive I can not give much more advice than this.

You can search this thread further to access the newer versions of the CodeBox1.zip Project Files!!

-- Enjoy!!
    Last edited by ThEiMp; Mar 10th, 2012 at 12:30 AM.

-- I see that there has been some posts removed, why???

Problem: Still stands. Can someone please help me???

Could there be some other way to make a Compiler Code, from scratch??? Could someone please help me with that. I am thinking of having an Intepreter and a Projector embedded into the EXE, HLP, OCX and DLL files. If that could be possible to have a even more special type of code, inside them. Then could you help me with it. Also I have also worked on a special form of numeric expression, but then that has gone down the wayside. Cause of the fact that it wasn't working as it should have, so then I didn't continue it, as of yesterday!!

PS: Also going to post the newer version and then remove the older version of the Project on this Thread!! Really soon, as of now...

!! Thanks in advance !!

To download the full beta version of the CodeBox1.zip Build File: !! Click Here !!
    Last edited by ThEiMp; Mar 10th, 2012 at 01:01 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12