Thread: [RESOLVED] Web hosting

Resolved [RESOLVED] Web hosting

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have any recommendations for low cost (or ideally free) web hosting? I'm looking for some space to trial some ideas on while I'm learning.

Many thanks,

Ben

Re: Web hosting

Is it simply for HTML and CSS, or are you going to be doing some server side scripting? If so, what language(s) are you going to use?

At the moment it will be HTML/CSS and Javascript, I'd like to get into PHP at a later date.

Roll your own server... doesn't get much cheaper than free:
    http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Frenzied Member

HTML, CSS and Javascript are all handled client-side, by your browser... so if you're just practicing with those, there's really no need for hosting or a local server; just open your files in a browser.

For PHP, use WAMP server to run it locally, which is an easy step. Or setup the local server by installing each components(PHP, MySQL, etc..) one by one by following the tutorial posted by penagate in here.

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...

Thanks for the feedback guys, I guess you're right, there is no real need to upload sites at the moment. I'll trial my ideas first before unleashing them on the world.