VS 2010 Loop Troubles-VBForums

Thread: Loop Troubles

Unhappy Loop Troubles

I am new to VB and I am checking for a confirmation link in an email the page automatically refreshes so I do not need to worry about clicking refresh but I'm guessing this attempt at a loop I done is not right lol well it just crashes my program. All I want to do is keep checking the web page for that element say every 15 seconds or something and when it finds it to continue with the code I am currently trying

Code:
    Dim emailpageelements As HtmlElementCollection = WebBrowser2.Document.GetElementsByTagName("a")
            Dim complete = True
                For Each emailver As HtmlElement In emailpageelements
                Do
                    System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(6000)
                    If InStr(emailver.InnerHtml, "https://twitter.com/account/confirm_email/") Then
                        complete = True
                    End If
                Loop Until complete
    I know I am probably miles off but I did try and I have spent the last day reading on loops and trying to figure out conditions and that however it just didn't click as I was unable to find any examples which I could relate to and use bit of to figure it out for myself basically I learn using examples and getting hands on better then reading (which of course I do read and research it would be impossible if I didn't

If there is someone out there that could help me put this right I would be ever so grateful

PowerPoster

Re: Loop Troubles

For Each requires a Next at the other end

If I understand correctly what you are trying to do you need to move the Do and the Sleep above the For Each and add a Next before the Loop. You may also want to put an Exit For in there when you find your match.

Code:
    Dim emailpageelements As HtmlElementCollection = WebBrowser2.Document.GetElementsByTagName("a")
    Dim complete = True
        Do
            System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(6000)
            For Each emailver As HtmlElement In emailpageelements
                 If InStr(emailver.InnerHtml, "https://twitter.com/account/confirm_email/") Then
                     complete = True
                     Exit For
                 End If
            Next
        Loop Until complete
    Last edited by DataMiser; Feb 22nd, 2012 at 08:55 PM.