Thread: Changing Frame URL?

Fanatic Member

Changing Frame URL?

Hi there,

on my index.php i have 2 frame sets, one loading player.php and one that will load pages...

Does anybody know how i can make it so that if i went to www.mywebsite.com/genres/

It would load genres.php through the frameset on index.php instead of going to an external page?

Thanks
    Jamie

Frenzied Member

Re: Changing Frame URL?

PHP is a server side scripting language. I think you want to look into JavaScript.

Neither... it's in the html... when you create your href links, you need to set the target attribute to point to the framename where you want it to load.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

I'm about to be a PowerPoster!

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome
    when you create your href links, you need to set the target attribute to point to the framename where you want it to load.
    Correct, but this is not the issue. The issue is identifying the correct page to load in the frameset from the URI. One way of doing this without scripting is to have multiple index pages, each specifying the appropriate frame content URI.

This type of complication is one of many good reasons to avoid using frames and framesets.