Thread: Hidden module

Hidden module

Hi all,

I have finished creating the code for my client/server application although both parts currently execute modules/in console(this was for testing purposes).

I am now looking at making both parts of the program completely invisible (they will eventually be executed as a Windows service upon startup). How do i go about this? Does the code need to be copied in to a "Windows Service" project, or is there a way I can hide both of the modules upon execution?

Thanks

Re: Hidden module

What do you want to "hide" these modules from ?

The user

The server doesn't necessarily need to be hidden but the client application certainly does

I still dont understand. Could you give some more details ? What exactly is it you want to hide and from what do you want to hide it ? Be explicit.

Basically my client application connects to the server, reads in a text file, sends the data to the server and repeats 5 minutes later
    I want this whole application hidden, there is no need for interaction from the user as this potentially could cause problems for the user, but not just that, interaction isn't required. Obviously currently as I have a module, I get a hanging console window load which I do not want.

PowerPoster

Sounds like you need to create a windows service but there is a bit more to it than to copy over your module(s).