Hi, I've read the stickies but I still have some questions!

I need to code an office, database based application.
This will be a product life-cicle management for my team.
We receive several computers and components that we need to test and then send back to the owner.
I want multiple users to login in this application and to be able to:
- manage the logistic: what's in, what's out, generate and print delivery letters and other shipping related documents
- create a DB of products with their category and brands
- create a contact list with the right people addresses for each brand and supplier
- generate performances charts and be able to print them , save them as picture or upload them.

I was a Visual Studio developer but my last version was VB 5 Lately I developed a lot of stuff with PHP + MySQL, so I know how to create and manage databases.
I have already purchased several books and started studying my stuff. My company has an MSDN subscription, software availability is not a problem.

I'd like to use the LINQ language to manage DB interactions in order for the application to be ready for eventual moves to different DB technologies.

Unanswered questions:
- I'm almost sold on SQL server. I've read that LINQ can manage MYSQL but that has limited features with it. I have to learn everything in SQL server, while I can manage effectively MySQL. Can I effectively use MySQL with LINQ?

- Should I choice SQL Server, how do I create the development environment? I've done the first experiments and I was able to interrogate the server and to do some inserts. But every time I restarted the debug, all the data inserted or modified in the last execution disappeared.
Which is the right setup for this kind of development?

- Should I choose SQL Server, how can I manage the development from different locations? office, home, etc? If I used MySQL I would run it on a online server and configure the server to connect only with requests from certain IP addresses.

- Finally, how do I manage concurrency, when 2 ore more users access the same tables?

Thanks! Ciao!