Thread: Deployment

Deployment

Hi guys,

Is it possible to deploy two programs in one deployment? That is, if I am to install the program I deployed, there are two programs installed, namely, the vb6 program I made, and the Seagate Crystal Report.

Thank you

PowerPoster

Re: Deployment

Crystal Reports can be one of the more painful dependencies to package and deploy.

It has gone through many revisions, and one corporate acquisition after another. Support seems to get worse and worse, probably because this product just isn't a big profit-maker. It is also comprised of a large bag of individual OCXs and DLLs with their own deployment issues. Version 4.6 shipped as part of VB 6.0 Pro and Enterpise, but has had few updates (many unobtainable now) and has not kept pace with Windows OS changes. Versions beyond that which work with VB6 have also languished.

The best success people seem to have had was to package as Windows Installer .MSI files using merge modules from the vendor. These don't seen to have existed before CR9, and even the ones for CR9 through CR for .Net 2003 are hard to find now. A few user-created merge modules for CR8.x seem to have worked, though I don't know if you might find them today:

http://www.installsite.org/pages/en/...m.htm#Crystal8

Good luck!

Re: Deployment

Okat thank you