Thread: Generate WSDL & XSD

Hyperactive Member nagasrikanth's Avatar

Thumbs up Generate WSDL & XSD

Hi techies,

I'm very new to this WCF Stuff. with great difficulty, I was able to create a WCF Service which takes a complex object type and returns a complex object type. So, Its working fine when I tested with WCF test client. (FYI, I'm using WSHttpBinding).
    Now, I came to know that, to give the service to my external parties, I have to give a WSDL & XSD of the service. This is now became a big problem for me. Almost from 3 hours Im searching for a proper way of generating a WSDL with great failure. What I learnt (in my college) is, SVCUTIL.exe will help in doing so. But the thing is it is generating multiple files for WSDL & XSD, which is against to my requirement. I want to generate only one WSDL which contains all my XSDs infomration also.

Is there any properway or step by step process available to do this task .

any help will be greatly appriciated.

Regards,
    Srikanth.
    The Difference between a Successful person and others is not a Lack of Knowledge,
    But rather a Lack of WILL

Re: Generate WSDL & XSD

The best way is the to create a binding that exposes the wsdl, explained here:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms734765.aspx
    VB6 & C# (WCF LINQ) mostly

If you need help with a WPF/WCF question post in the NEW WPF & WCF forum and we will try help the best we can

My site

My blog, couding troubles and solutions

Free online tools