Thread: recommended IDE

Hyperactive Member

recommended IDE

i installed netbeans, but its a bit over the boards for me.
    all i need is a simple editor with debugging functionality for php/mysql/js
    or even a commercial IDE but not too pricy.
    any recommendation ?

thanks in advance

Frenzied Member

Re: recommended IDE

Debug your SQL in the console, your Javascript in Firebug, and your PHP on the production server.

This question has been asked a couple of times before. Use the forum search for threads with "IDE" in the title, limited to the "Other Languages" section to find even more.

Considering the mention of netbeans, I'm thinking the OP is talking about a Java IDE.... Java IS NOT Javascript and JAvascript IS NOT Java... which makes me think that this could be in the wrong location... "Other Languages" is the right area, but I don't know if we have a JAva sub-forum or not (edit, turns out there is one).... in either case, I'll ask a mod to move this to a more appropriate location.

-tg

Check that... I should have properly read the whole thing... I use a couple of different editors... PSPad is one http://www.pspad.com/ ... lately though I've been using Aptana Studio http://aptana.com/ for more large scale PHP editing... when it comes to MySQL files though... I've got MySQLWorkbench and Admin, so all the sql work is done in there...
    Last edited by techgnome; Feb 15th, 2012 at 09:20 PM.
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Hyperactive Member

Thanks for the link, i have been using aptana and it's great.
    ideally i'd want something with GUI where i can drag/drop/resize html objects and widgets with a mouse click to generate css and html code.axure is an example, but it is just a mockUp generator.or even visual studio 11

Hyperactive Member jasonwucinski's Avatar

i believe their is a plugin for visual studio to do PHP. I've never used it, so I'm not familiar. I have also used Coffee Cup software, which is pretty good, and aptana. If you are looking for an IDE for Java, you can take a look at Eclipse, although I prefer Net Beans. If you plan on using java more , I would recommend that you become more familiar with Net Beans or Eclipse. It's better to become more savvy then to find a "dumber" IDE.
    if i was able to help, rate my post!