Thread: [RESOLVED] Font problem on windows mobile 6.5?

Frenzied Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] Font problem on windows mobile 6.5?

Hi!

I have googled a lot and can't seem to find any info as to why the fonts look totally different (same shape but different thickness) on the visual studio emulator, and on the device itself? I have copied the font files to the windows directory on the smart device, but for some reason it renders them very different. I have tried both Century Gothic and Segoe but they look crappy on the device, like they have been set to bold.

Can anyone give some more info about the complications that exist when trying out fonts for the windows mobile device? I am looking for something slender and elegant... Are there any limitations I should know about?

kind regards
    Henrik

Frenzied Member

Re: Font problem on windows mobile 6.5?

Generally you are better sticking to the native fonts - Tahoma is the one most used on Windows Mobile

Pete
    Pete Vickers
    MVP - Device Application Development
    http://www.gui-innovations.com http://mobileworld.appamundi.com/blogs/

Frenzied Member

Re: Font problem on windows mobile 6.5?

Hi!

The documentation says that any true type font should work on WM6.5, but you are right, I tried a few, like Segoe and the resolution of the phone lcd display is not high enough to render the fonts with a good result.

Also, the problem with fonts not showing up was that in the post I found on google, the instruction was to place the fonts directly in the windows directory. Granted, that is where the tahoma font is located. But I later tested with the windows/fonts folder, and then it worked.

Thanks for the reply though

/H