Thread: copy text from webpage then paste into excel

copy text from webpage then paste into excel

Aplogies if this is in the wrong section or I am barking up the wrong tree.
    This is a complicated situation, but I will try to explain it best I can.
    At work, we need to access the powerbars for servers to find out ampage. In short, we have to go an an ip like 174.45.71.4 for each powerbar. And we have 1000. We have an excel sheet with all the powerbars ip addresses. We have to click each one, open it in firefox, a page appears which we have to log in, (same username and password for all powerbars) and we then see a page of information like alarms, amps, voltage etc. We take the amps reading and place it in an excel spreadsheed for that IP and that day. This has to be repeated for the other 999 powerbars 5 days a week. A tiresome task.

Doing some small research I found out that VB could be the answer, but I know NOTHING about programming. Heres my ideal outcome:

To be able to take just the amp reading, copy that number, say "4.3" and paste it in a certain cell in the spreadsheet for that ip address. Sounds very complicated I know, but I'm really hoping someone can help me out. The current way of doing it is a tiresome task and being able to automate it would be a godsend. Thanks in advance.

Re: copy text from webpage then paste into excel

Give the link please ?

And for more information, can you use a screen recorder like Camtasia, Fraps to record what you want to do and upload it on youtube, or some free hosts like www.mediafire.com and it'll be easier for us to understand you.

If you can't do that, I'm sorry I can't help you.

Re: copy text from webpage then paste into excel

Im affraid I cant. The system is an internal system, providing you with the ip wouldn't work. Also it's a restricted system, I don't want to show screenshots/videos about the issue. All I can really do is explain, in as much detail as you require, what the situation is and what I need to achieve.