Hi all,

It has been some time i have been working for an MNC (approx 1 yr including training and production), i am working in Java. Truely speaking, technically i am not that strong. But since its an MNC, nobody cares how good you are technically and somehow, i can manage to do my work and deliver the EOD.

If you ask me why i am technically not that strong, then the reason is my daily work. I am working in a team of 8 members, have to do the support/enhancement activity of approx 30 applications(these applications are maintained by only our team). These applications are built in different technologies(all related to java only). Some day, i get some issue fix work on Swing or some other day i get some minor enhancement work in JSF, but none of the work is a long one, i.e, it will take a max of 1 week to deliver the work. As a result, i can rely on a particular technology and hence can't learn any of them properly(though i am really trying heard to master at least any one of the technologies) In this kind of situation (where every week the technology of work changes) what should i do to master at least a couple of them? At times i feel really very hard to switch from one technology to other, also i feel like forgetting the entire technology on which i worked last week

Presently what i am thinking of is to try and become a business consultant/technology consultant in my upcoming career. I have heard that the consultants also start their career from some technology related work as well and later in their career they shift to some consulting related work. But i cant understand how is this possible

Is it compulsary to have a MBA degree? Is it possible for a technology related guy to become a consultant by showing experience in some minor bug fix/minor enhancement related work in java(Without a MBA degree)?

I have some more questions to ask on this but first i want to get some reply.

Thanks,
HowTo