Thread: bookmark navigation problem

Lively Member

bookmark navigation problem

Hi -- I'm running Visual Studio 2008 v9.0 I'm having difficulty getting the bookmark keyboard shortcuts to work as documented. I did this:

1. bookmarked a few lines of code (begin and end of a subroutine)
    2. Hit Ctrl+K, Ctrl+N to try to go to the next bookmark. However, the New File dialog popped up instead. I cancelled it.
    3. Hit Ctrl+K, Ctrl+P to try to go to the previous bookmark. However, the Print dialog popped up instead!

I must be doing something wrong here. What should I do so that the bookmark shortcuts work as advertised?

PowerPoster

Re: bookmark navigation problem

If you just press the menu items you will see the shortcut required for that item. You can setup the keyboard for VB6 layout, C#, Web and general development. Likely you are using a different setup to the one your book describes! To add, when you use a chord (which is the name of a two stage shortcut), you can see at the bottom status car something like

(Ctrl + K) was pressed. Waiting for second key of chord ....

Lively Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfort View Post
    If you just press the menu items you will see the shortcut required for that item. You can setup the keyboard for VB6 layout, C#, Web and general development. Likely you are using a different setup to the one your book describes! To add, when you use a chord (which is the name of a two stage shortcut), you can see at the bottom status car something like

(Ctrl + K) was pressed. Waiting for second key of chord ....
    hmmm. I do not see that message in the status bar. FWIW my keyboard layout is set to Visual Basic 6 and the shortcut for Edit.Nextbookmark is set to Ctrl+K, Ctrl+N (Global) in Tools/Options/Environment/Keyboard

Lively Member

I found that Ctrl+k had been assigned to some other function (text editor?) so I removed it and the chorded sequence works as wanted.

Thanks!