Thread: Mullaperiyaar Dam - Creating leaks in good friendship between Kerala & Tamil Nadu

Arrow Mullaperiyaar Dam - Creating leaks in good friendship between Kerala & Tamil Nadu

The condition of dam is very poor. Cracks and leaks are there in the dam. If anything goes wrong, about 4 districts would completely get erased and about 4 lakh of people would die. So, the solution is to create a new dam. But Tamil Nadu is against it !! CM of Tamil Nadu had even posted a ad in newspapers favoring them.

In Tamil Nadu, people are in violence. But if you take the condition of Kerala, there was not a single problem reported anywhere. We are not causing any trouble when we saw a Tamilian. But in Tamil Nadu, the situation is just opposite. They attack the people from Kerala, endangering life and property...!

Chief Minister of Kerala and others are assuring that we would still provide water to Tamil Nadu. And we are still in peace. But Tamil Nadu, is not agreeing with us. They are still against us and had chosen violence !

This problem is causing a big trouble to the good relation between people of Kerala and Tamil Nadu. We, people from Kerala, are still going in the path of peace. We are not acting rude to anyone from Tamil Nadu. Pilgrims from Tamil Nadu, who were visiting Sabarimala were welcomed well at the border districts. They all have said that, we people have behaved well eventhough we know that they are from Tamil Nadu. So, even they are also saying that we are well behaving to the Tamilians and are in the path of peace. But what is happening in Tamil Nadu ? People are protesting against us, they are blocking transportation from Kerala, doing violent behaviors and so on.

Please note that I am not mad at Tamil Nadu. But I feel very sad on what they are doing now. They are considering us like enemies. That's very sad to me and every one in Kerala. We like to maintain a good relationship with them. And also, to protect the life of people in Kerala, a new dam SHOULD be constructed.

I hope, they would understand the situation and will take a wise decision and will stop this violent measures.

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...

Re: Mullaperiyaar Dam - Creating leaks in good friendship between Kerala & Tamil Nadu

Eh, this isn't exactly a World Event, is it?

I am not a complete idiot. Some parts are still missing.
    Check out the rtf-help tutorial
    General VB Faq Thread
    Change is the only constant thing. I have not changed my signature in a long while and now it has started to stink!
    Get more power for your floppy disks. ; View honeybee's Elite Club:
    Use meaningfull thread titles. And add "[Resolved]" in the thread title when you have got a satisfactory response.
    And if that response was mine, please think about giving me a rep. I like to collect them!

Re: Mullaperiyaar Dam - Creating leaks in good friendship between Kerala & Tamil Nadu

Quote Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
    Eh, this isn't exactly a World Event, is it?

It's between States. So, I thought it is more suited in this section.

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

I am sure outside the two states nobody cares much about this issue. Part of the reason is they have their own issues to deal with.

In any case Hillary Clinton won't be visiting Ooman Chandy or Jailalitha to resolve this conflict, so it's still not appropriate in this forum.

General VB Faq Thread
    Change is the only constant thing. I have not changed my signature in a long while and now it has started to stink!
    Use meaningfull thread titles. And add "[Resolved]" in the thread title when you have got a satisfactory response.
    And if that response was mine, please think about giving me a rep. I like to collect them!

I am sure outside the two states nobody cares much about this issue. Part of the reason is they have their own issues to deal with.
    It's a threat to lakhs of people. What if something happens(I believe it won't happen) ?

Well, if something happens, then we see the effects. As long as the leaders (any one or both) don't understand that their duty is to prevent any such calamities, I doubt if discussing it here would help.

And I still don't think it's worthy of being posted in the World Events forum. It's strictly a local/internal issue between two states/provinces/counties of a nation.

General VB Faq Thread

It's strictly a local/internal issue between two states/provinces/counties of a nation.
    if all the threads in this form had to live up to that then this form would be totally and utterly empty.
    Last edited by BlindSniper; Dec 28th, 2011 at 08:13 AM.

Useful CodeBank Entries of mine
    Expand Function
    Code Compiler
    Sudoku Solver
    HotKeyHandler Class

Read this to get Effective help on VBForums
    Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF

It's pretty empty as it is. This seems as worldly as the price of milk.

How likely is the dam to fail? After all, that would put an end to the conflict, though only in a bad way.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

That, just like all the other elusive answers, is something nobody knows.

General VB Faq Thread