Thread: Constructors

Constructors

Stupid question I am sure but I have no idea how to do it.

Lets say I have a window (wpf) called wndWindow.

Code:
    wndWindow tWindow = new wndWindow();
    Now I'd like to create a constructor for wndWindow which will accept an argument. Essentially, I want to be able to do something like:

Code:
    wndWindow tWindow = new wndWindow(options.thisoption);
    Previously I've just used numbers and I just remembered which number corresponds to what but I'm reusing this window heaps and keep forgetting the numbers as there are about 12 of them.

So I'd type option. and then intellisense will show the list of options. These options might be Option1, Option2, Option3, Optiona, Optionb.

It's hard to google for something when I don't actually know what this is called, lol.

Re: Constructors

It's an Enum... here... http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...(v=vs.80).aspx

Enjoy!

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Re: Constructors

Thanks, got it all going how I wanted it now