Thread: Macro to match cell value from two sheets and paste where the value is met

Threaded View

Question Macro to match cell value from two sheets and paste where the value is met

I'm new to VBA, I'm using Microsoft Office Excel 2007 and I read the forums but this seems impossible for me. I have the current code which copies a sheet and adds a day to the date and also copies a range of cells containing the important information from the sheet to be able to paste it in a calendar with realtime information and I need it to paste where the date is the same and one cell below the value which could be located in any place in a certain range.
    Code:
    Sub CopierPetete()
     ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Copy _
            After:=ActiveSheet
        'update date
            [J1].Value = [J1].Value + 1

'THIS IS MY POOR ATTEMPT TO MAKE IT WORK
        If Sheets("Sheet5").Range("A1:K100").Value = ActiveSheet.Range("J1").Value Then _  

ActiveSheet.Range("AA100:AC121").Select
                Selection.Copy
            Sheets("Sheet5").Select
                Sheets("Sheet5").Pictures.Paste Link:=True

End If

End Sub
    I need it to match the value in the activesheet cell "J1" with any cell on "Sheet5", and paste "ActiveSheet.Range("AA100:AC121")" as a picture link (Or if you have a better idea for a way to display real-time information) at the place where the value is met between ActiveSheet "J1" and any cell between the range "A1:K100" on "Sheet5", one cell below. PLEASE help me, I posted this on other forums and no one was able to help me with it.

Here is a link to the project http://www.mediafire.com/?olsvdd22dxmslrz
    Thank you!
    Last edited by Gevelegian; Feb 3rd, 2012 at 03:41 AM.