Thread: How to Declare a external COM component Interface....?

Angry How to Declare a external COM component Interface....?

Hi Genius.........
    i have struggled with some problems please help me

m creating a COM component Instance like this for supporting multiple version of COM components

Creating Instance Code:
    1. Private _cmObjct As Object
    2.     Public Property CreatingInstances() As Object
    3.         Get
    4.             Dim _typePs As Type = Type.GetTypeFromProgID("SecureTronics.Application")
    5.             If Not _typePs Is Nothing Then
    6.                 If _cmObjct Is Nothing Then _cmObjct = Activator.CreateInstance(Type.GetTypeFromProgID("SecureTronics.Application"))
    7.             End If
    8.             Return _cmObjct
    9.         End Get
    10.         Set(ByVal value As Object)
    11.             _cmObjct = value
    12.         End Set
    13.     End Property

it's really fine to working me with multiple versions.

but this component have some Multiple Interfaces...,Properties...,Methods...,Classes... and so on...

what my question is if i reference this dll file i can declare a variable with this component Interface

Declare with Referenced Dll Code:
    1. Dim _ssdObj as SecureTronics.SSDP

at the same time how to declare this method without referenced dll

SSDP is an interface so how to declare this interface for my usage
    is this Correct ...?

Error: Code:
    1. Dim d as Object = Activator.CreateInstance(Type.GetTypeFromProgID("SecureTronics.SSDP"))

Re: How to Declare a external COM component Interface....?

if you figure out the answer to your question tell me too because im wanting to use this with dsf(device simulation framework).
    Edit:
    I will trade time with you if you be willing to help me plus you might see how multiple com interfaces are done especially if you look at the c++ files for dsf because it has a multiple interface com component according to help files.
    Heres my project which uses com components:
    http://kinectmultipoint.codeplex.com
    Can i see what com components an vbscript uses when its running? my vbscript file emulates a mouse and right now i want to convert that code to vb.net and then i will convert it in vb.net to support multiple mouse devices. I did find dsfdevices which has an items property which might help.
    My goal is to create a mouse device and move and left click for each person recognized by the kinect and if possible have efficient code while doing it but just getting it working is my goal. The kinect part i will ask about on the kinect forums on microsofts website but i wish to do the com portion in a different forum then kinect.
    Last edited by jeffman2; Feb 2nd, 2012 at 01:34 PM.