Thread: In need of friends.

In need of friends.

I find myself at a shortage of friends when it comes to other coders that could help me on spur of the moment projects and questions. I have artist friends from back when i did art for online games but never met many coders and since this place is full of coders i figured i would extend my arms and see if i cant make a few friends to put on my MSN list. Im not just looking for ppl that is willing to help me with examples but also looking to help them as well if im able to. Share and share alike ya know? Well i truely hope i can make a few friends on here so we can chat it up and work on projects and help one another out via MSN. Just add me on MSN or leave your screenname here for me to add and ill add you.
    Last edited by Poser; Jan 24th, 2012 at 06:33 AM.

Re: In need of friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Poser View Post
    I find myself at a shortage of friends when it comes to other coders that could help me on spur of the moment projects and questions. I have artist friends from back when i did art for online games but never met many coders and since this place is full of coders i figured i would extend my arms and see if i cant make a few friends to put on my MSN list. Im not just looking for ppl that is willing to help me with examples but also looking to help them as well if im able to. Share and share alike ya know? Well i truely hope i can make a few friends on here so we can chat it up and work on projects and help one another out via MSN. Just add me on MSN or leave your screenname here for me to add and ill add you.

My msn name is ill accept any new friends!
    I'm just here to help posters with questions and will pop in if I can help you you with any. My first reccomendation is to get your email address out of you post with an edit.
    Last edited by TysonLPrice; Jan 24th, 2012 at 06:38 AM.

I don't think that this is allowed on the forum...

If you found my post helpful, please rate it.

Codebank Submission: FireFox Browser (Gecko) in VB.NET, Load files, (sub)folders treeview with Windows icons

Oh... My bad i didnt know i wasnt allowed to do that. Sorry to everyone. >.> Kinda weird you cant make friends over a forum lol. But thanks for the heads up. If anyone would like to make contacts over MSN just Private message me and we can arrange it that way.

Sure its allowed to make friends on here, but this section of the forum might not be the correct one
    I'm sure a moderator will come along and move it soon.
    Rate posts that helped you. I do not reply to PM's with coding questions.
    How to Get Your Questions Answered
    Current project: tunaOS
    Me on.. BitBucket, Google Code, Github (pretty empty)

Quote Originally Posted by Atheist View Post
    Sure its allowed to make friends on here, but this section of the forum might not be the correct one
    I'm sure a moderator will come along and move it soon.
    Yes and there are mechanisms for private messages and signing up friends here. Just poke around a little and you will find them.

Start by left clciking on the users handle next to each post.

your best bet though maybe to just simply post here. The forums are quite active, and in a lot of cases, responses come pretty quick. Not only that, but then you get the benefit of getting help from a large number of people, not just the ones in your contact list. You'll be getting the benefit of many decades worth of experience.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

This is true. But at times i do have a LOT to ask being new to coding and i dont want to get in trouble for asking a lot of questions on the forums mostly since they prefer one subject per post.... Just figured it might be easyer to have friends lol.

Don't be afraid to ask questions... that's what gets you into trouble... To help with that, in my sig there's a link -The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft ... it's worth the 5 minutes or so it takes to read it... it gives alot of insight on how to get effective help here. It was the culmination of years worth of me banging my head on the desk trying to figure out what people are looking for - granted sometimes you have to know the right terms to search for in order for it to be effective.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Awsom ty i bookmarked it ill check it out just as soon as i finish putting in tooltips on my forms lol. I been working for 2 days now and barly have anything coded >.> Thinking this game might take me a few years to code haha.

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! Hack's Avatar

Moved To General Developer

Frenzied Member

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    The forums are quite active, and in a lot of cases, responses come pretty quick.
    As the URL of this forum suggests, for questions related to VB.Net and VB6, this is the best forum

But for other sections(especially java), it don't have much options

I am struggling to get a good forum where i can get some quick response to my questions related to the new java technologies (ICEFACES, JSF,JPA etc etc). I am looking for some friends as well.

Please PM me if someone is interested to share some java knowledge with me

If you find my reply helpful , then rate it