Thread: Microphone Issue in Laptop

Frenzied Member

Microphone Issue in Laptop

hi friends,
    when i try to call to my friends using gtalk .i am able to listen their voice .but when i try to speak he is unable to listen my voice .but i can listen their voice .Kindly let me know .is it problem of microphome ?.let me know friends its drive me crazy .
    Last edited by firoz.raj; Jan 20th, 2012 at 01:40 PM.

Re: Microphone Issue in Laptop

Can you use the microphone in any other application? Can you use the Windows sound recorder to record sound from the microphone?
    Rate posts that helped you. I do not reply to PM's with coding questions.
    How to Get Your Questions Answered
    Current project: tunaOS
    Me on.. BitBucket, Google Code, Github (pretty empty)

Frenzied Member

Question Re: Microphone Issue in Laptop

no i am unable to record sound from the Sound Recorder .

Open up the control panel, and go to the sound application. Once it is open, go to the recording tab, check to see which option is selected to be the default. Also, try unplugging and plugging it back in with this dialog open, if it is functioning properly it should register than you removed and replugged the microphone.

If a post has been helpful please rate it.
    If your question has been answered, pull down the tread tools and mark it as resolved.

Frenzied Member

i have Speaker in my Laptop .i don't want to use microphone . instead of that .i want to talk using laptop spealer to laptop speaker.when i dial using gtalk . i am hearing the sound speak by opposite person .but when i try to speak anything .he is Unable to listen .let me know please .any help would be highly appreciated .

a speaker is for output... it can't be used for input... so you have to use the microphone that;s built into the laptop... if there isn't one then you'll need to get one and plug it in.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    a speaker is for output... it can't be used for input... so you have to use the microphone that;s built into the laptop... if there isn't one then you'll need to get one and plug it in.

-tg
    Maybe he means an internal microphone?
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Frenzied Member

hi friends ,even i use Microphone .when opposite person call me .i am able to listen their voice .but when i call he is unable to listen my voice .what can be a problem. let me know please .

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by firoz.raj View Post
    i have Speaker in my Laptop .i don't want to use microphone . instead of that .i want to talk using laptop spealer to laptop speaker.when i dial using gtalk . i am hearing the sound speak by opposite person .but when i try to speak anything .he is Unable to listen .let me know please .any help would be highly appreciated .
    You will definitly need a microphone to get your voice into the computer. Either you have a microphone in the laptop or you will need to attach an external microphone. What is the model of the laptop so I can see if it comes factory with a microphone and or a microphone in port? If you decide to use an external microphone, make certain you plug it into a microphone port. Sometimes lineout and speaker ports look the same as microphone ports. Once you have done that, then perform steps that Mxjerrett suggested. There is a volume control for the microphone. Make certain you have it turned up or your voice will not be heard.

Frenzied Member

System Model satellite c650.

Frenzied Member

Hi,Friends again
    when i restart my laptop each time microphone start and repeating the voice . even i diable the sounds from Volume controls .i have been using windows 7 with 64 bit microprocessor .let me know please .any help would be highly appreciated .

there's a microphone troubleshooter built into the voice commands setup program. I suggest you try an external microphone OR headphones otherwise you will get feedback. If you mute the microphone in volume control there is no way it is going to work.
    My light show youtube page (it's made the news) www.youtube.com/@artnet2twinkly
    Contact me on the socials www.facebook.com/lordorwell

Frenzied Member

one things i have noticed when i plug the power cable then sound is echoing.and when i unplug the power cable it is working as usual . let me know some idea . Is there any Power Issue .