Thread: Need some help with session state

Hyperactive Member

Need some help with session state

Hi all,

I had a site working great on my testing machine. I made a change to the IIS configuration so that the default site would be something different than what it was. Now when I try to run the site that was working, I am getting "Session state can only be used when enableSessionState is set to true". So I looked through the web and modified my web.config file (not sure why all of a sudden it's an issue) but nothing has worked.

I am using IIS 5.1 as the server (yes, I know, it's old). I added the following in my web.config:
    Code:
        <pages controlRenderingCompatibilityVersion="4.0" clientIDMode="AutoID" enableSessionState="true" enableViewStateMac="true" enableEventValidation="true" >
          <controls>
            <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
            <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
          </controls>
        </pages>
    But I still am getting the error referenced from a scriptresource.axd file . Any ideas where to look?

Hyperactive Member

Re: Need some help with session state

Some additional info.

The page itself loads. However, when I click Logon that's when I get the error. It's in C#

Re: Need some help with session state

Hello,

Are there any other web.config files in your application? Remember, ASP.Net stitches all the web.config files together with the machine.config file, and whichever one is "last" in the line is the value that is used for your application.

Gary