View Poll Results: Should our government step out of education?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

1 33.33%
  • No, but the education system needs to be reformed.

2 66.67%
  • No, I like the education system the way it is.

0 0%

Thread: WHY is our government involved in education?

Threaded View

Re: WHY is our government involved in education?

Quote Originally Posted by moonman239 View Post
    I just don't think the government knows enough about an effective education to regulate education. Besides, now they have rules regarding what parents can call "school lunch." The "lunch police" took some kid's sandwich and forced the mother to buy chicken nuggets. That is an example of the government abusing their power.

Oh, regarding the standardized test, I just took it in the beginning of this month. I later found out that the test was merely to ensure I had the skills I needed to get a job and raise a family.
    @moonman - that school lunch story made me sick - but it's not "new" or "now" though - it's the culmination of 30 years of misguided policy on federal funding for school lunch. Did you know that day cares, if they fill out proper forms and serve the "suggested" meal, get a subsidy from the fed as well? I've written software to fill out those forms.

btw - I believe I get your reference to the "test" and "raising a family" - can't socialize education in hopes of socializing society. Oh - but they do - "Here a carrot - look at this one!"

But this isn't a blue or red fight - they are really the same color in the end. I see your signature - have you emailed him any of your ideas - supporting or opposing? I've done it to the one from western PA - and it wasn't supportive. Because he keeps coming up with the same stupid rant...your one from mass makes up a new stupid every day - not worth an email!!!

The reason they stay involved in education is to draw the attention away from what we should be watching them mess up.

Last week the dow was up - the euro is holding together - but wait - wasn't greece detonaty a month ago and it crashed - or was that because Dec sales were up (we were up again) - oh wait - Dec profit for ebay tanked.

That means 4th quarter was a lie!

Ok - now greece is going to make us tank again - but not because of the euro because the whole govt resigned

Google that

greece government resigned

Greece is experiencing a genuine financial and social earthquake
    top link tonight...

But wait - let's just have someone take over a key route for oil to be shipped by talks of insane activity on everyones part - and now the dow can tank for that reason...

And tonight gas is about to hit $4 a gallon in ct again...

4 cell phones and an air-card is $200 a month...did everything all of sudden go from $10 to $100?

But I'm happy because it's so warm that I haven't had to fill my $800 oil tank the same 6 times I did last winter. btw - $800 heated by house the whole winter in 1985 - just think about that for a second...really...

The guy driving the truck from local depot to your house made $35 for the fillup and delivery back then - per run. Don't think his pay went up a factor of 6!!! Who takes that money? Corporation? yup... Govt taxes? I live in CT so I know about gas tax - trust me - it's sad...

Maybe bill has really made those "weather" machines they talked about 2 years ago and global warming is really just MS fixing the windows...

http://www.usatoday.com/weather/rese...rricanes_N.htm

It's actually a pretty straightforward prospect - maybe it's not because phil lipof bought a snow blower on abc news in nyc...

Search it up

phil lipof snow blower

And that's facebook

nbc is owned by ge

abc is owned by disney

our current president went to disney and told those workers that tourism was an answer? To our countres problems? More Pablum - please!!!

I read an interesting story a few months ago on how small a group of people "globally" sit on various major corporate boards.

What's your talking about going to change?
    Last edited by szlamany; Feb 19th, 2012 at 05:54 PM.

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008