Thread: Google Schemer: Want an invite?

Google Schemer: Want an invite?

Do you want an invite to schemer? PM me with your gmail address. I have 20 to give away.
    Everything that has a computer in will fail. Everything in your life, from a watch to a car to, you know, a radio, to an iPhone, it will fail if it has a computer in it. They should kill the people who made those things.- 'Woz'
    save a blobFileStreamDataTable To Text Filemy blog

Addicted Member

Re: Google Schemer: Want an invite?

What's that?
    Do not read this sentence.
    You read that last one, didn't you?
    Darn. You now read the previous two.

Check out my pins on Pinterest!

A plan to takeover the world.
    Everything that has a computer in will fail. Everything in your life, from a watch to a car to, you know, a radio, to an iPhone, it will fail if it has a computer in it. They should kill the people who made those things.- 'Woz'
    save a blobFileStreamDataTable To Text Filemy blog

PowerPoster

Ahh. I assumed it was another way for you to help Google aggregate all of your personal information, package it, and sell it to spammers, terrorists, the CIA, oppressive regimes (Wal-Mart?), various "law enforcement" agencies, et al.

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    Ahh. I assumed it was another way for you to help Google aggregate all of your personal information, package it, and sell it to spammers, terrorists, the CIA, oppressive regimes (Wal-Mart?), various "law enforcement" agencies, et al.
    The satellites are on us man, good thing they don't know about my secret hide out, or do I even have one o.O
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

Quote Originally Posted by dday9 View Post
    The satellites are on us man, good thing they don't know about my secret hide out, or do I even have one o.O
    I'd put my tinfoil hat on if I were you.

PowerPoster

Stock up now, before tinfoil is reclassified as a "restricted high-tech munition."

Just checked it out. Seems like another way for google to monopolize. Just them reinventing the wheel trying to make a better alternative to what already exists...

Google+, google music, google places, google wave... etc...

PowerPoster

Google potato chips, Google cola, Google toilet paper...

Google Schemer doesn't even look like a product that does anything, at least not from it's home page and the about page.
    Currently using VS 2015 Enterprise on Win10 Enterprise x64.

CodeBank: All ThreadsColors ComboBoxFading & Gradient FormMoveItemListBox/MoveItemListViewMultilineListBoxMenuButtonToolStripCheckBoxStart with Windows

Hyperactive Member

Another "invite only beta period" by Google.

Reminds me of that "ex-invite only" called Gmail or Googlemail.

I'm fairly sure the head of Google marketing has based his career on taking advice from the Southpark episode where Cartman has his own theme park. Tempt people with the prospect that a select few are 'special' enough to use something which is just another 'nothing special product' in a vast ocean of similar 'nothing special products', then after a while open the flood gates for the general public.

Still the only brilliant innovation by them is their search engine, which does it's job. Fair play for that.

On a more relevant note, thanks for the offer, but I reckon it would be wasted on me... the website states:

- Find something to do. Big or small.
    I have plenty of things to do, I don't need to consult a website, cheers.

- Keep track of what you want to do, pick something, and go!
    A to-do list, how innovative of you Google! I also have a memory which seems to do the job (after some coffee and when I'm not hungover).

- Get ideas from celebrities, experts and friends.
    Well my friends can't get access to it as they haven't been invited. What qualifies a celebrity with the skills necessary to provide me with ideas I actually want, apart from the fact a realisation that a lot of money and media pressure leads to several broken marriages and an arrogant nature.

Can Google do me a favour and stop trying to think for me, Einstein didn't Google an answer, he discovered things which other people didn't know and proved himself intelligent. A search engine which provides information, although allowing a person to learn what others have found previously, just enables you to catch up to the same level and never pushes the boundaries, unfortunately making the modern day brain lazy.