Thread: [RESOLVED] Microsoft Jet Database Engine could not find object databases.

Lively Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] Microsoft Jet Database Engine could not find object databases.

wheever i run a vb application then it gives a msg below upon connecting to aceess database:

Microsoft Jet Database Engine could not find object 'databases'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and path name correctly.

Lively Member

Re: Microsoft Jet Database Engine could not find object databases.

following lines are used to connect with database through a vb application. used this database severally for inserion and retrieval of data but after some days it gives the error mentioned above.

Public db As New ADODB.Connection
    Public ers As New ADODB.Recordset

Private Sub makeConnection()
    db.CursorLocation = adUseClient

db.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source= " & App.Path & "\PakistanProperty.mdb ;Persist Security Info=False"

de.Connection1 = db

End Sub

Frenzied Member

Thumbs up Re: Microsoft Jet Database Engine could not find object databases.

following lines are used to connect with database through a vb application. used this database severally for inserion and retrieval of data but after some days it gives the error mentioned above.
    Your connection string is wrong .try the following way !

Code:
    Public db As New ADODB.Connection 
    Public ers As New ADODB.Recordset

Private Sub makeConnection()
    db.CursorLocation = adUseClient

db.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source= " & App.Path & "\" & PakistanProperty.mdb ;Persist Security Info=False

de.Connection1 = db why did you use this line ?

End Sub

firoz - first there was nothing wrong with the connection string... in fact, your version only compounds the problem as it leaves half of it out of the string that it needs to be in.
    secondly, that line you questioned, is setting the connection of the DataEnvironment of the app...

which makes me wonder...

1) The error in question, doesn't jive with the code provided. Somewhere in your code you've used the object databases... but it's not in the code posted so far... so it's somewhere else.
    2) What's with the use of the DataEnvironment?

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Lively Member

kindly note that the error only comes during execution after deployment but not during coding.

Lively Member

through inno 5.0 bcoz it cudnt deploy in win 7 through package and deployment tool. first i create setup in vb by package and deploy tool and then make another setup in inno 5.0 by giving its exe path and other files in the support folder and then create its script.
    thanx.

There might be something wrong with your distribution package however since I'm not familiar with INNO I would recommend checking this with someone at Application Deployment forum.

Lively Member

well i use inno for win 7 bcoz the application even not installed by "Run as admin". the database was built by access 2003/07 but now i m using access 2010 so cud be a version conflict. any sugestion.

PowerPoster

This may be a silly question, but have you checked that the Database has been installed into the same folder as the program?

Lively Member

Doogle kindly read thread carefully and ys the database is in the same folder. Now i place a database that was copied earlier for its backup and it work fine. but whenever i ammend the database by adding new column and even data during coding it doesnt work after installation of setup.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by yasrab View Post
    Doogle kindly read thread carefully
    I think I have. There's no mention that you'd checked that anywhere.

The question boils down to what the Object "databases" is. So where in your code do you define and use 'databases' ?

Which. is. exactly. what. I. thought. I. was. asking. back. in. post. #5...

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Lively Member

there is no object 'databases' in the code. i also found during search that error like the microsoft jet database engine could not find the object 'msysdb' and i think it doesnt mean that the object 'msysdb' was rightly used in the code.
    Last edited by yasrab; Jan 9th, 2012 at 12:40 AM.

PowerPoster

Haing Googled around for the error message it seems that this message indicates that the Database is corrupted. You could try a 'Compact and Repair' on it.

Lively Member

thanks i have recovered database by repair tool.