Hi,
I was forced to upgrade my ASP.Net project from Visual Web Developer Express 2010 (VWDE 20101) to Visual Studio 2010 (VS 2010) due to the slightly inconvenient fact that the former does not support 64 bit applications. So I created a new project in VS2010 and included all of the web pages and forms. That was the easy part. Of course I ended up with a gazillion errors and twice as many warnings. I fixed many and all but about 20 remain (see below)

One of these errors: "Protected Sub Page_Load(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs)' has multiple definitions with identical signatures." is easily enough eliminated by renaming the function/sub name. For some reason in VWDE 20101 I was able to copy similar functions/subs from one form to another and make the minor changes required for that particular form without changing its name. My first question: does VS 2010 not allow duplicate function names in the entire project. This seems so retarded, especial since many of my forms come with subs like Page_Load and Submit_Click (well you get the idea.) Of course it is entirely possible that I am failing to see something here, and that it is some other issue entirely.

Also, I had a library (App_Code folder) in my VWDE 2010 project that contained public C# functions. In and of itself this is not so remarkable other than the rest project is written in VB. The problem here is that VS 2010 and Intellisense) cannot find the classes in the App_Code folder and I have no idea how to get it to see the functions and subs contained within. The suggestion to "rewrite" this code in VB, although valid, won't help since the original functions were written by someone else and are way beyond my understanding. I mean I don't even understand what they do, I just know where they have been plugged in (dangerous I know, but it used to work). This, of course is a problem when you try to use an on-line translator. After the code has been translated, or at least that part which it understood, you still have to figure out the rest. It didn't work, I tried. Is there a way to tell VS 2010 where these missing classes are located? (Error 3)

And finally as you peruse the list below and recognize any errors that you know how to fix, please let me know since it will probably save me a ton of time. Thanks for your help, and have a Merry Christmas everyone. It is good to have friends in the land of code.

Warning 1 Errors occurred while compiling the Xml schemas in the project. Because of this, Xml intellisense is not available.
Error 2 Class 'System.Web.UI.Control' cannot be indexed because it has no default property.
Error 3 'sqlValuesParten' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level.
Error 4 'Head1' is already declared as 'Protected WithEvents Head1 As System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlHead' in this class.
Error 5 'form1' is already declared as 'Protected WithEvents form1 As
System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm' in this class.
Error 6 'FormViewHydDetails' is already declared as 'Protected WithEvents FormViewHydDetails As System.Web.UI.WebControls.FormView' in this class.
Error 7 'SqlODS_HydrantData' is already declared as 'Protected WithEvents SqlODS_HydrantData As System.Web.UI.WebControls.ObjectDataSource' in this class.
Error 8 'Protected Sub Page_Load(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs)' has multiple definitions with identical signatures.
Error 9 'FindControlRecursive' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due
to its protection level.
Error 10 'Head1' is already declared as 'Protected WithEvents Head1 As System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlHead' in this class.
Error 11 'form1' is already declared as 'Protected WithEvents form1 As System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm' in this class.
Error 12 'RowIcon' is already declared as 'Protected WithEvents RowIcon As System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlImage' in this class.
Error 13 'lblInsertMsgLabel1' is already declared as 'Protected WithEvents lblInsertMsgLabel1 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label' in this class.
Error 14 'lblInsertMsgLabel2' is already declared as 'Protected WithEvents lblInsertMsgLabel2 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label' in this class.
Error 15 'DateInspected' is already declared as 'Protected WithEvents DateInspected As System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox' in this class.
Error 16 'DDlstInspBy' is already declared as 'Protected WithEvents DDlstInspBy As System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList' in this class.
Error 17 'InspComments' is already declared as 'Protected WithEvents InspComments As System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox' in this class.
Error 18 'btnSubmit' is already declared as 'Protected WithEvents btnSubmit As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button' in this class.
Error 19 'RequiredFieldValidator_DDlstInspBy' is already declared as 'Protected WithEvents RequiredFieldValidator_DDlstInspBy As System.Web.UI.WebControls.RequiredFieldValidator' in this class.
Error 20 'RegularExpressionValidator1' is already declared as 'Protected WithEvents RegularExpressionValidator1 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.RegularExpressionValidator' in this class.