Thread: [RESOLVED] HTML scroll problem with just divs

Lively Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] HTML scroll problem with just divs

I created a website using notepad.

i have two divs. There is NO plain text.

one div shows an image. the other one shows text.

the text div is about 2000pixels below the top div. now when page loads you see top div but cant see bottom div. no scrollbar are present and even arrow keys or mouse middle button cant be used to scroll down to see the second div.

how do you fix this

Re: HTML scroll problem with just divs

are you using absolute positioning? what does the HTML look like? CSS? We're not mind readers, so we don't know what code you used.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Lively Member

solved its to do with fixed positioning changed it to absolute

Great... could you kindly mark this thread as resolved then? It's under the Thread Tools menu up by post #1, thanks.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

I'm about to be a PowerPoster!

Re: [RESOLVED] HTML scroll problem with just divs

I recommend against using position:fixed or position:absolute, unless you're sure that's what you want. It sounds to me as though you could simply use a margin between the two elements.

Lively Member

Re: [RESOLVED] HTML scroll problem with just divs

i need divs to be able to be placed freely anywhere on the browser window exactly in same position as in the designer. i give the div top and left values in the style parameter.