VS 2010 Drag video from windows explorer and drop onto my form to play a video in wmp control-VBForums

Thread: Drag video from windows explorer and drop onto my form to play a video in wmp control

Question Drag video from windows explorer and drop onto my form to play a video in wmp control

Hi, I have some code that i got from another post on vb forums but i don't know how to intemperate it to work with my program this is what i have and have changed so far.

Code:
    Private Sub Form1_DragDrop(sender As Object, e As System.Windows.Forms.DragEventArgs) Handles Me.DragDrop
            Me.AllowDrop = True

Try
                AxWindowsMediaPlayer1.URL = FromFile(CType(e.Data.GetData(DataFormats.FileDrop), Array).GetValue(0).ToString)
            Catch ex As Exception
                MessageBox.Show("Error Doing Drag/Drop")
            End Try

End Sub

'---------------------

Private Sub Form1_DragEnter(sender As Object, e As System.Windows.Forms.DragEventArgs) Handles Me.DragEnter
            If (e.Data.GetDataPresent(DataFormats.FileDrop)) Then
                e.Effect = DragDropEffects.Copy
            End If
        End Sub
    This is the link to the original - http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?t=328593

what i want it to do is you drag any video from windows explorer/ desktop onto form1 and the video gets loaded into theaxwindowsmediaplayer1 control's url

Thank you.

Lively Member

Re: Drag video from windows explorer and drop onto my form to play a video in wmp con

make sure form1 has DragDrop enabled, because 'Me.AllowDrop' isn't being fired until 'DragDrop' gets initialized, which won't ever initialize unless you tell the form to allow it.

If this isn't the error, then what is? is there an exception?