I am fairly new to the forums and I have decided that I will post some of my discontinued projects for others to further upon and learn from.
The following application was intended for me to practice basic functions of Visual Basic to present to my programming class. The application has the look of an operating system (modeled after Windows 7) and has some very basic features.
I like to refer to this application as "Test OS" and I have outlined it's features below.
- Creates system directory in (My Documents\Test OS)
- Basic user accounts (Select Account, Create Account, Select Picture)
- Basic desktop (Start menu with applications running, Customize background, Customize theme color, Internet Connectivity)
- Basic Applications (Tabbed web browser, calculator, notepad, settings)
- Basic Activation (Very, very basic. I have developed a new version but have not updated this release)
There are a few more features that I have not listed. I have tried adding an update system, but I stopped due to lack of interest.
Please let me know what you think about the application, I am eager for your feedback!
In order for the add user account function to work, you must enable the link label in designer view and edit the following code:
Settings.vb Line 145
FROM: If NewAccountName.Trim <> "" Then
TO: If NewAccountName = "" Then
Download Link - (42.25 MB)
My apologies, MegaUpload is no more. I have provided a few alternates. I am not quite sure they are as new as the other version, though.
4shared - http://www.4shared.com/zip/OxrNyzAe/...l?refurl=d1url
Mediafire - http://www.mediafire.com/?r9v7ulyuog89gd5