dcsimg

Thread: Runtime Error 339:Component Mscomct2.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly reg

Lively Member

Runtime Error 339:Component Mscomct2.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly reg

I got error in the VB 6.0 application having access, flash 5.0 while running on windows 7 and tried to register the file through regsrv32 but file could not be registered. also tried to register it through wow64\regsrv32 but its restart the system.

the application was built in XP and run smoothly but when after installation in windows 7 it gives the following error during opening of a form.

Runtime Error 339:Component Mscomct2.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

Any suggestion.

Frenzied Member

Smile Re: Runtime Error 339:Component Mscomct2.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly

first of all just goto system32 folder and check that specific Mscomct2.ocx .if it does not available just download it .and copy it in system32 folder .and if it is available just do the following.

Code:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>regsvr32 mscomct2.ocx

Re: Runtime Error 339:Component Mscomct2.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly

Try right mouse click on the programme first, then select "run as Administrator" ... Amazingly, that has overcome all sorts of Run time Error 339s for me ..... I haven't touched the Registry....