Thread: [RESOLVED] Basic chat system useing winsock?

Resolved [RESOLVED] Basic chat system useing winsock?

Ok im trying to build a basic chat system useing winsock. Haveing a client and server so i can distribute the client to other ppl and have a chat system that connects threw a simple server without any chance of connection lag or delay in replys. I know i have to have 2 chat boxes on my first form with a winsock and i also need a winsock on my server form for sending and resiveing data. Can anyone help me here? I would like to use the Enter key as the send butten of the program and dont know how to link that ether. Ty for your time.

Re: Basic chat system useing winsock?

Checkout the codebank section of the forum, you may find chat apps you can learn from.

You also may want to mention which version of what coding language you are using
    Insomnia is just a byproduct of, "It can't be done"

Classics Enthusiast? Here's my 1969 Mustang Mach I Fastback. Her sister '67 Coupe has been adopted

Newbie? Novice? Bored? Spend a few minutes browsing the FAQ section of the forum.
    Read the HitchHiker's Guide to Getting Help on the Forums.
    Here is the list of TAGs you can use to format your posts
    Here are VB6 Help Files online

{Alpha Image Control} {Memory Leak FAQ} {Unicode Open/Save Dialog} {Resource Image Viewer/Extractor}
    {VB and DPI Tutorial} {Manifest Creator} {UserControl Button Template} {stdPicture Render Usage}

Sorry about that i am useing vb.Net or vb2010 guessing there both the same at this point. Not 100% sure.

As for the code bank i couldnt find anything to show me how a client and server react to one another at all. Infact i saw no chat system of any kind...

PowerPoster

Did you not see this http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...highlight=chat in the CodeBank ?

You don't need to use the Winsock control in .Net applications.