Thread: [RESOLVED] How to find ms word file contents through search

Hybrid View

Fanatic Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] How to find ms word file contents through search

Hello, In Windows XP there was a search option by pressing F3 key, where you can search file by its name or its extension right? in the same search box there was anther text box where if you type the contents of the word file ,to search so it was also searching that. lets suppose, if i have a file in computer, about Michael Anjelo, so i will write the name in that box and press search button so it will search that particular file. right.

Now i have installed windows 7, so there is no that type of search option there. please guide me in this regard that how do i search that like.

Re: How to find ms word file contents through search

This is what you are looking for.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Fanatic Member

NIghtwalker, in my system this option is already been selected. What i do now.

You could try this. Also, just for the record I think Win 7 lists the files containing certain words. For example, when I tried searching for the word "doc" I found 547 items on my Win 7 machine containing that specific word and not all those files were of type *.doc. That was I followed the steps in the above link.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.

Fanatic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker83 View Post
    You could try this. Also, just for the record I think Win 7 lists the files containing certain words. For example, when I tried searching for the word "doc" I found 547 items on my Win 7 machine containing that specific word and not all those files were of type *.doc. That was I followed the steps in the above link.
    Yahoooo... you are great nightwalker..... i downloaded the software from your given link. its exactly the same as it was in XP. Great thanks for you

Fanatic Member

TELL ME one more thing nightwalker that how do you search file contents. through start menu and then type in search bar or open the document and type in in top right corner?

If you have finished with the thread don't forget to mark it "Resolved".

Fanatic Member

Re: [RESOLVED] How to find ms word file contents through search

@ Nightwalker83

I found another way too, in windows 7 to find the contents of the word file. just open the desired folder and at the top right corner, there is a search bar, just write the word you want to find, and if it exists in the folder containing file, so it will highlight that word in file. Now i have 2 ways to search.