Thread: Did anyone else's Visual Studio 6 installation blow up?

Hyperactive Member capsulecorpjx's Avatar

Did anyone else's Visual Studio 6 installation blow up?

Ok so I had to reinstall Visual Studio 6 on my XP machine.

I got a "installation did not complete successfully" at the end of the installation. I could open Visual Studio 6, but nothing worked, no projects could be open.

It wasn't until reinstalled Visual Studio 6 without Visual C++ 6.0 that the installation worked.

Did anyone else experience a similar issue?

I read somewhere that because Microsoft pulled Java Virtual Machine support from it's website, it causes the Visual Studio C++ (for some reason C++ depends on this) to not install correctly?

If that's the case is there a workaround?
    "I like to run on treadmills, because at least I know I'm getting nowhere."
    - Me

Re: Did anyone else's Visual Studio 6 installation blow up?

I can't remember if it was that problem or not but a couple of times I have had the install fail when trying to install from the cd. I had to copy all the setup files to my usb and install it from there. After I did that the install and Visual Basic worked as they are supposed to.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672