Thread: YouTube Playlist Maker Program

YouTube Playlist Maker Program

First off, the reason I did not post this in any of the code banks is because I wrote this in a Macro-Language (But its not only Macro orientated) called AutoIt.

Update as of 11/26/11
    • Reduced memory usage
    • Shortcuts can now be used. (CTRL+1 for Next Song. CTRL+2 for Previous Song)
    • Slicker GUI
    • Fixed a bug with first run of program

To first explain, this does not actually create a playlist on YouTube.com. It's just one to make a stand-alone playlist on your PC that you can listen to on YouTube. I wanted to quickly share my "Current" song listings with friends, so I thought this up.

What it does is:

You create a playlist name, and then load that playlist. From there you can add/remove songs and then play the play list.

In the play section you can play, skip or go back on the list.

There are instructions to how to share your playlist with others, its not complicated. You just have to share your .INI.

Here are some screen shots.

Main GUI:

Playlists:

Here is the source:
    Code:
    Removed source, it was too long to fit in post. Can send if requested. ~1200 lines of code.
    Updated: 11/26/11

And here is the full version, with the .exe and Help file:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?o9j2li9uicg5cht

(File scanned with: Virus Total, came up with 1 problem. This is my first time using this website, so I dunno what it means exactly. I've just seen people do it before and figured I should do it to confirm its legit.)

Report: http://www.virustotal.com/url-scan/r...27c-1320889132

If someone else has any scanning utilities then that would be great.

As a side note, some Firewalls/Anti-Malware detect the .exe as a Trojan. This is due to it needing to connect to YouTube through the program itself, not the usual browser. To read up on this you can visit the AutoIt forums, located at: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/

And for actual definition of why the AutoIt language has been deemed a virus, read this post from one of the MVP/Developer's

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/to...ally-infected/

Let me know what you guys think!

Any comments or suggestions or bug reports please, don't hesitate to post!
    Last edited by Damein; Nov 26th, 2011 at 01:44 PM.

Re: YouTube Playlist Maker Program

Looks good

There's some Youtube API if you are interested : http://code.google.com/apis/youtube/overview.html

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...

gjdm! I'll use it during winter when I hibernate and watch youtube videos for the rest of the day =-)

Alright, I did some MAJOR over haul of the program. Created a slicker looking GUI, and added some functions.

Updates in the first post

Also, thanks for the link akhileshbc, I will look into that. I would love to be able to attach the API and start the next song automatically etc. when the song ends. Can't wait until I have some time off to check it out
    Last edited by Damein; Nov 19th, 2011 at 04:47 PM.

Looks cool now

But I think, you could change the font/fontcolor of the button text. It will look better. Just a suggestion

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...

Hmm, I could look into that. Maybe a white text color. I'll get back to you on that

Could the source be converted to another language say VB.NET?
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Oh yeah, I'm sure it easily could be. The only thing this does is embed an IE window and then just uses INI files to read all the data. Pretty simple for some people I assume. I haven't learned enough VB to create it here yet, but I plan to someday.

Also, as a side note. YouTube decided today to change the way they AutoPlay their videos, so at the moment you have to press the play button on some videos in order to have them play (Before you could just load a window and it would auto play)

IF I can figure out this damn API I could easily change that, plus add a TON of features to it (Auto-start next song, etc. etc.) but alas, I have never messed with ActionScript, or COM very much.

As soon as I figure this stuff out I will be posting an update!

Alright, so apparently YouTube did a quick update and accidentally turned off the autoplay for opening videos, so thats no a problem anymore. I still can't control the API without a web server so thats on the back burner for now. I am going to be keeping an eye out for a way to control YouTube's controls, but for the moment having to manually do it will have to do.

I have updated the first post with the updated script. I had some complaints that the script was eating up memory so I reduced the memory usage, so thats been fixed.

That's all for now, enjoy!

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! Hack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Damein View Post
    First off, the reason I did not post this in any of the code banks is because I wrote this in a Macro-Language (But its not only Macro orientated) called AutoIt.
    What about this one?

Moved To Codebank - Other

Oh snap, I didn't even notice a other.

Thanks for moving it!