Thread: My NES Collection

My NES Collection

Before moving to Miami, my brother and I decided to dig into one of the sheds in the yard to search for old nostalgic things to bring back memories. After an hour of extensive digging, I opened up a huge plastic container only to find 2 NES's, the original Sega Genesis, the original Playstation, N64, Saturn, 3 Atari 2600s, and a ton of games and controllers. Everything worked except my 2 NES's which ran but couldnt run games. So I went online to find the solution and found that NES's original 72 pin connector goes bad, gets bent out of shape after excessive use, and corrodes. I found a place online called The Nintendo Repair Shop and ordered a new one. The new ones are better than the originals because nintendo used cheap material on the 72 pin connectors to make people buy another NES.

Thanks to Youtube, I dismantled one of my nintendos, replaced the connector, and now have a working NES. Also I cleaned my NES thoroughly using rubbing alcohol and Windex. I also found my treasure trove of NES games safely preserved in a metal ammunition case listed here:

• Super Mario Bros / Duck Hunt
    • Super Mario Bros 3
    • Castlevania 2 - Simon's Quest
    • Rolling Thunder
    • Life Force
    • Gyromite (with R.O.B. The Robot!)
    • Donkey Kong Classic
    • Friday The 13th
    • Iron Sword 2
    • Gauntlet II
    • Tiger Heli
    • Smash TV

And also while in Miami I always goto thrift stores and flea markets to hunt down some more games to add to my collection. I now have these:

• Golf
    • Golgo 13
    • Trojan
    • X-Men
    • Tetris (the nintendo one not Tengen sadly)
    • California Games
    • Monster Party
    • Renegade
    • The Karate Kid
    • Rescue: The Embassy Mission
    • Renegade

Its a pain but usually when I buy the games it's got magic marker crap on it which takes a good hour or 2 to remove even with rubbing alcohol, Q-Tips, and lens cloth. I found my expensive Geir Ness cologne to work even better at times. And stickers I can't stand either. Also for the games themselves, I clean the contacts on the circuit board and all around it inside using Q-Tips and Windex. As for the end labels that you will sometimes find perfectly intact, if I come across a game which has it partially hanging off a tiny bit on the corner, I carefully use a tiny microdrop of elmers glue and put it back. Looks like nothing happened then. I hope to add more to the collection using eBay, and even websites like Nintendo Repair Shop sell games as well. It's exciting playing the ol' NES like the good old days

Re: My NES Collection

Hahaha that's good for retro gamers (I like NES games but I don't have a NES...)

My NES is still working with original parts...Some games are a little finicky, but it has always been like that.

I'm not at home right now, but the games I have, that I remember, are:

Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt/Track Racer (or whatever it is called)
    Super Mario Bros. 3
    The Legend of Zelda
    Ninja Turtles (can't remember which one)
    Contra
    Metroid
    Double Dragon

Uhh that's about all I remember... I've been looking for a SNES for ages, but have been unable to find one (other than online) for a price I'm willing to pay.

PowerPoster

Darn, I have a NES, and an SNES here someplace I think. Might have to see and maybe try selling it.

Probably end up playing both though.

I wouldnt mind taking that NES off your hands cause I wanna build a Nintoaster O.O

Nintoaster Instructional Video

Ive been thinking of buying and "restoring" an old NES. My brother did it with great success.

Have you guys played Shadowgate? I can recommend it!
    Rate posts that helped you. I do not reply to PM's with coding questions.
    How to Get Your Questions Answered
    Current project: tunaOS
    Me on.. BitBucket, Google Code, Github (pretty empty)

My buddy and I recently tried to revive an old NES with no luck. Probably the pin connector that you fixed. We used to be able to blow on it and slam the game in and it would work, not anymore. We were trying to play SNK Baseball. We used to play that incessantly, keeping stats in notebooks, playing a whole season + world series. Ah memories.
    Here's to us!
    Who's like us?
    Darned few, and they're all dead!

Quote Originally Posted by demotivater View Post
    My buddy and I recently tried to revive an old NES with no luck. Probably the pin connector that you fixed. We used to be able to blow on it and slam the game in and it would work, not anymore. We were trying to play SNK Baseball. We used to play that incessantly, keeping stats in notebooks, playing a whole season + world series. Ah memories.
    Take a Q-Tip, spray the tip with Windex a couple times, and rub the metal contacts of the circuit board of the game vigorously back and forth. You'll notice a bunch of black gunk, dirt, and sometimes even at rare times green from corrosion. Be sure to get both sides of the circuit board using one tip for one end, and one tip for the other, with both sides windexed. Also sometimes for even a deeper clean if that's not enough, with a 3.8 mm screwdriver socket, you can remove the bolts of the game, take it apart, and clean the other parts inside but very rarely do you ever need to. Give it a few minutes to dry, pop the game in and boom it works. Also the original NES ain't perfect. Sometimes when you get a yellow or grey screen, slightly slide the game to the left or right, hit reset until you see the game.

Went to the flea market today and scored some more NES games

• Excite Bike
    • Gaultlet
    • Festers Quest
    • Bad Dudes
    • Q*Bert
    • Tiger Heli (Better copy)
    • Top Gun

And I'm definitely gonna try to build me a Nintoaster
    Nintoaster Instructional Video