Thread: [RESOLVED] blank namespace attribute appears merging Docs

Fanatic Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] blank namespace attribute appears merging Docs

Hi All,

I have a XML document that I load and this has namespaces on it.

I then create a series of document fragments and place these into another XmlDocument. In my main docuement, I then navigate to the place where I want to insert my second document.

This all appears to work fine, my document fragments placed in an XmlDocument of their own all look fine. I add them into the correct place of the master document, but then it adds an attribute of xmlns="" to my newly inserted section. I do not want this to appear, it also blows out when validating against my xsd because of this unexpected attribute. Is there any way I can stop this from being generated?

Code:
    XmlNode totalDoc = xmlInput.ImportNode(xmlRisks.DocumentElement, true);
                XmlPath itemsInsertPoint = _xmlPathRepository.Queryable<XmlPath>().Where(r => r.SectionName == "All" && r.Type == "I" && r.Level == "S").Single();
                xmlInput.SelectSingleNode(itemsInsertPoint.XPath, ns).AppendChild(totalDoc);
    interogatting xmlRisks (line 1) looks ok, my element does not contain the xmlns attribute by the time the 3rd line is run and I check the main document(xmlInput), my newly inserted section has the empty namespace added to first element.
    e.g.

expecting: <Items><Item>.........but received <Items><Item xmlns="">......

Fanatic Member

Re: blank namespace attribute appears merging Docs

not resolved. Please seel later question. since this wasn't strictly correct.